“Not bad for the price”

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 2 nights. We were mostly attracted to the hotel because it allowed us to have our pet cat in the room for an additional fee. I feel that the price we paid for this hotel was appropriate, including the pet fee. They do provide a continental breakfast, which has a good amount of options. The other amenities that they offer were good as well. The hotel is located in the vicinity of a mall, so there are plenty of places to eat and shop. Our room wasn't bad, however it did have a funny smell to it initially. We allowed our door to stay open a little bit to air the area out and that seemed to help slightly. I was disappointed to find dirty sheets in one of the beds, however. I understand that sometimes sheets become stained, however, this was not the case in this incident. There was a brown spot on the sheet, which I was partly able to scrape away. I notified the front desk of this issue, and they replaced my sheet, as well as remade my bed. Another issue I had with my room is that there were quite a bit of ants in the room. I usually don't have a problem with this, but since we had an infant with us, I wasn't too happy. Put together, I would consider this hotel again in the future, but it would not be my first choice. If I were not not traveling with pets, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mkhdr05
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased we were able to accommodate you, your family and pet. It is important to us to allow families with pets to have a clean and comfortable room.
I apologize we missed the mark somewhat during your visit. I am glad the front desk staff was able to resolve the issue with the sheet, however I will bring your comments to the attention of the housekeeping department to correct this for future guests.
I will have our exterminator make an extra visit to spray for ants.
I trust you will visit us again so we can show you the type of care we pride ourselves in for each of our guests.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Tonya and her staff was wonderful. Made me feel at home. I didn't need or want for anything they made sure my stay was great. If I could I would give them a raise they deserve it. Their smiles and warm greetings was the upmost beet I have ever seen in a hotel and I have been in a lot if them. Thank you very much see you again. This was my first time in Roanoke.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dbiggs51
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, Tonya and the entire staff are all great people and treat everyone like family. I'm glad you decided to stay with us on your first trip to the beautiful Roanoke Valley. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had a nice quiet stay here. The hotel is located away from any interstates or main roads so no traffic noise here. It also has many good restaurants to choose from. Could use some cosmetic touch ups. Some painting here and there and peeling wall paper in the bathroom. Our room was clean and spacious. So it's worth a stay here. Beware of the safe charge.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DNDSZ06
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased you found your room clean, comfortable and quiet. I will speak with the maintenance staff about the touch-ups you mentioned.
We no longer charge a safe fee. The safes are now a complimentary amenity for our guests.
I trust should you return to the Roanoke area, you will again allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on vacation for 2 weeks, part of our trip brought us to this hotel. We were greeted by Brenda at the desk. She was charming, knowledgeable and caring. My uncle wasn't feeling good after we returned the first night and the next morning when she came in she heard about him and called his room to see if he was doing ok and offered to have some coffee and juice brought to him. Don't see this type of concern throughout my trips at any time. Brenda also was able to give precise directions to restaurants and activities in the area. Also, the hotel has to be given an A+, most of our trips we stayed at several Choice hotels, but this by far was the best, that is why when we was returning home and had to go through Roanoke again we chose to stop there. The rubber duck idea is a very cute idea. Thanks for the enjoyable memories.

Room Tip: I believe any room would be satisfactory to guest. This is a top rated hotel for a moderately highe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thanks for your kind words concerning your recent visit. Brenda is truly an amazing lady and treats everyone as if they were a guest in her own home. I trust your Uncle is feeling better and had a pleasant visit to Roanoke.
We look forward to a return visit from you and again I thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

What I wrote after our March 29th stay...
This Comfort Inn was everything you would want and expect at a chain hotel. It was clean, had microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with cable channels. The bed pillows are small, but efficient. The double beds seemed to be the smallest double beds around, but I assume they are true size; just not use to sharing a double with my hubby. I guess most of the hotels we have stayed at before had queen beds. Breakfast was provided. We were on second floor and had to go up to 3rd or down to 1st floor for ice. We discovered the $1.50 safe fee upon check out. I've never encountered that before. It was removed from our bill, but the hotel still charged us a $1 more than what was on our confirmation print-out. Not arguing over a dollar. All in all I would not stay here again since the rate can't be confirmed by their own print-out and we need bigger beds.

April 2013 Update...VP of Operations, G. Purvis, contacted me personally to offer his apologies for not honoring rate on my confirmation print out. The $1.50 safe fee was refunded at the hotel by the clerk and Mr. Purvis discovered that their hotel tax rate went up 1%, but the reservation system has not been updated to reflect that, so my confirmation printout would not match their rate. Also, he stated that they will be upgrading to queen size beds! I appreciate Mr. Purvis contacting me. Great customer service goes a long way and it certainly changes my mind about staying with them again, especially if they get the bigger beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tmb66

I am glad we were able to find out why your charges did not match the amount quoted at the time you made the reservation. Thanks so much for voicing your comments so I could look into the discrepancies and have it corrected.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I wasn't sure what it would be like, I've had some bad experiences with Choice Hotels. I used to work at Comfort Inns when i was younger, so I know the standards that the hotels are supposed to keep. When i checked in and saw the Gold Award hanging in the lobby, I knew the hotel was going to be nice, and that it was going to be a good stay. Everything went smoothly, the room was nice, location was good, close to many restaurants. I would stay again if i were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences at other Choice Hotel properties, but I am pleased we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable room. Our location is great, as we are located in the Valley View Mall complex. Southwest Virginia's largest shopping center. Shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. What more do you need!
I hope when you return to the Roanoke Valley, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Each year in March I welcome two teams of young professionals from different parts of the world. They arrive at Roanoke Airport and spend their first night at the Comfort Inn. Part of the experience is the warm always shown to the team members, regardless of their nationality or native language by the hotel staff. Tops are Brenda who puts in long hours at the front counter but is always cheerful and Carmen, the sales manager.

Team members are frequent international travelers used to staying in luxury hotels. But they are always enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn and the morning breakfast.

My wife and I use this hotel as a staging base for early departures and late arrivals when we make long trips abroad.

Room Tip: We used rooms 401, 402, 403 and 412 this trip, all on the top floor. Very quiet,each has a nice view...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest for the past 10 years. We are privileged to serve your group each year.
I will pass along your kind words to both Brenda and Carmen, as well as the entire hotel staff.
We look forward to serving your group again in the future. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.