“Quiet stay”

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
“Quiet stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice quiet stay here. The hotel is located away from any interstates or main roads so no traffic noise here. It also has many good restaurants to choose from. Could use some cosmetic touch ups. Some painting here and there and peeling wall paper in the bathroom. Our room was clean and spacious. So it's worth a stay here. Beware of the safe charge.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DNDSZ06
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased you found your room clean, comfortable and quiet. I will speak with the maintenance staff about the touch-ups you mentioned.
We no longer charge a safe fee. The safes are now a complimentary amenity for our guests.
I trust should you return to the Roanoke area, you will again allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Saginaw, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on vacation for 2 weeks, part of our trip brought us to this hotel. We were greeted by Brenda at the desk. She was charming, knowledgeable and caring. My uncle wasn't feeling good after we returned the first night and the next morning when she came in she heard about him and called his room to see if he was doing ok and offered to have some coffee and juice brought to him. Don't see this type of concern throughout my trips at any time. Brenda also was able to give precise directions to restaurants and activities in the area. Also, the hotel has to be given an A+, most of our trips we stayed at several Choice hotels, but this by far was the best, that is why when we was returning home and had to go through Roanoke again we chose to stop there. The rubber duck idea is a very cute idea. Thanks for the enjoyable memories.

Room Tip: I believe any room would be satisfactory to guest. This is a top rated hotel for a moderately highe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your kind words concerning your recent visit. Brenda is truly an amazing lady and treats everyone as if they were a guest in her own home. I trust your Uncle is feeling better and had a pleasant visit to Roanoke.
We look forward to a return visit from you and again I thank you for sharing your comments.
Richmond, Va
Reviewed April 17, 2013

What I wrote after our March 29th stay...
This Comfort Inn was everything you would want and expect at a chain hotel. It was clean, had microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with cable channels. The bed pillows are small, but efficient. The double beds seemed to be the smallest double beds around, but I assume they are true size; just not use to sharing a double with my hubby. I guess most of the hotels we have stayed at before had queen beds. Breakfast was provided. We were on second floor and had to go up to 3rd or down to 1st floor for ice. We discovered the $1.50 safe fee upon check out. I've never encountered that before. It was removed from our bill, but the hotel still charged us a $1 more than what was on our confirmation print-out. Not arguing over a dollar. All in all I would not stay here again since the rate can't be confirmed by their own print-out and we need bigger beds.

April 2013 Update...VP of Operations, G. Purvis, contacted me personally to offer his apologies for not honoring rate on my confirmation print out. The $1.50 safe fee was refunded at the hotel by the clerk and Mr. Purvis discovered that their hotel tax rate went up 1%, but the reservation system has not been updated to reflect that, so my confirmation printout would not match their rate. Also, he stated that they will be upgrading to queen size beds! I appreciate Mr. Purvis contacting me. Great customer service goes a long way and it certainly changes my mind about staying with them again, especially if they get the bigger beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tmb66
I am glad we were able to find out why your charges did not match the amount quoted at the time you made the reservation. Thanks so much for voicing your comments so I could look into the discrepancies and have it corrected.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Richmond, VT
Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I wasn't sure what it would be like, I've had some bad experiences with Choice Hotels. I used to work at Comfort Inns when i was younger, so I know the standards that the hotels are supposed to keep. When i checked in and saw the Gold Award hanging in the lobby, I knew the hotel was going to be nice, and that it was going to be a good stay. Everything went smoothly, the room was nice, location was good, close to many restaurants. I would stay again if i were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences at other Choice Hotel properties, but I am pleased we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable room. Our location is great, as we are located in the Valley View Mall complex. Southwest Virginia's largest shopping center. Shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. What more do you need!
I hope when you return to the Roanoke Valley, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Each year in March I welcome two teams of young professionals from different parts of the world. They arrive at Roanoke Airport and spend their first night at the Comfort Inn. Part of the experience is the warm always shown to the team members, regardless of their nationality or native language by the hotel staff. Tops are Brenda who puts in long hours at the front counter but is always cheerful and Carmen, the sales manager.

Team members are frequent international travelers used to staying in luxury hotels. But they are always enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn and the morning breakfast.

My wife and I use this hotel as a staging base for early departures and late arrivals when we make long trips abroad.

Room Tip: We used rooms 401, 402, 403 and 412 this trip, all on the top floor. Very quiet,each has a nice view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest for the past 10 years. We are privileged to serve your group each year.
I will pass along your kind words to both Brenda and Carmen, as well as the entire hotel staff.
We look forward to serving your group again in the future. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this particular Comfort Inn several times over the past 2 years and have always found the hotel to be a step up from your average Comfort Inn. The rooms are clean with decent space and all rooms come with flat screen TV's. I did find the beds somewhat softer than I am used to, even in many hotels. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, including several that are within a short walk if the weather permits. In addition, the hotel is right next to the Valley View Mall, so there are plenty of stores for shopping, including a Walmart, if that is important.

Continental breakfast is a slight step up from most Comfort Inn's, in the sense they have several hot selections to choose from, although the scrambled eggs are obviously pre-made and not fixed on site (whoever heard of a square egg patty???). In addition to both bacon and sausage patties, I was surprised to find creamed chipped beef available the day we were there in addition to the usual cold cereals, yogurt, fruit and other breakfast selections.

All in all a very decent place to stay, although at $85 for a senior rate, its not the cheapest choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us on several occasions. We enjoy having you as a return guest!

Thanks also for your kind comments. We strive each day to make sure our guests receive a clean and comfortable room. Our location is perfect for travelers or shoppers. We are located within Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex.

You are correct, our eggs are pre-made. Due to Health Department regulations, we are only allowed to serve pre-made items. I do hope you enjoyed them as they really do have a good taste.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay here every time I'm in the Roanoke area, my company has a corporate acct. I am never disappointed. Rooms are nice, clean and well mantained. The best continental breakfast of any of the hotels I stay at for business. I was VERY glad to see Brenda (front desk) is back at this location! She had transferred to another hotel on my previous two visits. The other people did a good job while she was gone, but Brenda adds a more personal touch because she remembers me and always calls me by name!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments and for being a return guest. I am pleased we are able to accommodate your company and that we have provided you with clean and comfortable rooms. I am excited that Brenda has returned to the Comfort Inn Airport. She filled in briefly at another Comfort Inn and has now returned to her "home" and her family of guests. She provides excellent service to everyone.
I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.