WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice clean place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

From reservation to checkout was a wonderful experience. The staff hotel were all super nice and professional. We have stayed here many times before but I can say that they continue to go out of their way to make things right for your stay! The suite we had was super clean and smelled really good...we will stay here again & again. And the breakfast is good and if you ask for something they do their best to accommodate your requests. And you also can get 10% off your bill at certain area restaurants close by the hotel. This location is a GREAT place to stay!

Room Tip: The suite we had was on the second floor which was roomy, sunny, and quiet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments concerning your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Airport.
I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be friendly and helpful.
The restaurant coupons do help with saving a few dollars while traveling. I hope you took the time to share a review of the restaurant you visited.
We trust should you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley, you will again allow the staff of the Comfort Inn Airport to serve your lodging needs.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great staff, very helpful with places to see, things to do. The history of the area was readily available thru the front desk. Breakfast was great. Location was easy to get to with many places to eat. very nice Hotel.

Room Tip: I prefered the main floor away from the highway. the room was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased to see your visit to the Roanoke Valley was enjoyable and your stay at the Comfort Inn Airport was comfortable.
There are many things to do in the Valley with museums of transportation, railroad, art, local culture and more. The Comfort Inn is also located within the Valley View Mall shopping center, SouthWest Virginia's largest shopping mall.
I hope you return to the area in the future as we look forward to serving you again.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here on June 26. All of the previous reviews are right on....very good hotel. Can't find anything to complain about. Room clean, breakfast is what you expect from Comfort Inn. Location is not exactly easy but manageable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rhody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I were driving to Nashville and had been on the road for about ten hours. Time to find a place to sleep... We had made a pit stop in one of the Virginia rest areas and picked up a hotel coupon book. The price seemed right so we made a reservation from the road; the front desk staff was friendly and helpful in this process, honoring the coupon (this can be an issue at some properties.) It turned out to be a good decision. The property seemed pretty new and was very clean. Front desk staff was friendly, competent and quick checking us in. The beds were comfortable and the a/c quiet; we slept well. I didn't check the internet connection. We were up and out early but the free breakfast was outstanding, eggs, bacon plus the usual carb fest...I would positively stay here again and I urge you to do the same if you're on I-81 and looking for a place to stop for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I have had several bad experiences in Comfort Inns, mostly in Florida. Not at this one, it was superb! The rooms were large, clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was efficient and pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and very complete, and very nicely presented. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again the next time I visit Roanoke.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Ed R
Clintwood, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I decided to travel to Roanoke,Va. this weekend to shop for a vehicle and just get out of Dodge.I made a reservation at the Comfort Inn-Airport because of the location and the Choice Hotels Brand.We arrived around 5:00 pm and the lobby was very busy.The clerk handled our check-in without incident and as quickly as possible.The gentleman ask us if we had a floor preference which I thought was very gracious.We chose Room 112 and was very satisfied with our accommodations.The room had high ceilings,very clean and modern and was very accessible to exercise room,breakfast area,ice machine and the lobby.Our room had a fridge,microwave,free internet and excellent cable.This hotel is located right in the center of multitudes of eateries including Olive Garden,Texas Roadhouse,Chinese Buffet and many other choices.It is a hotel that we have stayed at previously and always are satisfied with the price,location and condition of the property.I would recommend this property to anyone who would be traveling in the Roanoke area.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting the ground floor rooms.The elevator is very slow and expect to wait if...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn at Roanoke Airport while attending a conference that was held in the area. The staff were very kind. The room was nice and reasonably spacious. The breakfast was also good. Since we did not rent a car, it was nice to have the property near a few restaurants and the Valley View shopping mall within walking distance. A small outdoor pool was right next to the restaurant area, although we did not use it.

A con is that they do not seem to have their own shuttle running to and from the airport. Instead, when you call from the airport, a cab is arranged and reimbursed. Same goes from the hotel to the airport. This makes it difficult to make a trip to airport in the middle of a stay, which we needed to to commute to the conference. In a way, I understand it because not many customers visit the hotels in the area without cars (not just this hotel, I found out later).

With the quality we were provided, I think it was somewhat expensive, but if I must come back to Roanoke, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business