“Nice lunch”

Ranked #16 of 491 Restaurants in Roanoke
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Only had a bagel, but enjoyed the atmosphere and selection of baked goods. Nice respite in downtown.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a night off and as I celebrated at dinner with friends I realized I had never given one of my favorite restaurants a tip of the hat. I found Wildflour eight years ago when I first arrived in Roanoke, searching for a property to start up a B & B. It is nestled in the middle of the Old Southwest Historic district, flanked by beautiful old Victorians and turn of the century Colonial Revival homes. I found an apartment just down the street and was driven wild each morning as the scent of fresh baking began to fill the neighborhood. I was not disappointed on my first visit, finding the menu filled with fresh, well-prepared, delightfully seasoned and interesting foods. Yes, I have since tried quite a few. But I wanted to let you know that I have since recommended the fare to hundreds of my guests at the B & B and not one has had anything but raves to give the fabulous food, the superlative service, divine desserts and artsy atmosphere. You don't have to dress up to get great food and a memorable experience . Bring your appetite, then walk off the repast (and any lingering guilt) with a turn around the 32-acre park - just a block from the front door. If you are anything like my guests, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank wrbsav
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I tried the tuna sandwich and believed that it was one of the worst that i ever had, and it was served ice cold. It got two stars solely because of the fantastic art that covered the walls of this Roanoke Cafe...

1  Thank Slamace
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us by our Innkeeper and we were not disappointed. They had a large and interesting menu and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. We got a couple brownies to go and they were great too.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went there for lunch -- a low key place with terrific sandwiches and dessert (makes sense, given it's a bakery!). The menu selection of sandwiches and salads was extensive. Casual, comfortable and friendly.