“Yummmmmmmmm”

Ranked #12 of 485 Restaurants in Roanoke
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were attending the Commonwealthi Games and wanted a local eatery that used fresh ingredients. The location was great in the middle of a residential historic district. This converted bakery with wood floors, full bakery cases and local artist painting for sale was the perfect setting to a great dinner. The pan seared scallops, chicken florentine, chicken piccata melted in your mouth. All had great sauses and local ingredients that made them the standout dishes of our stay. The attention to detail from keeping our water glasses full to the finishing touch of pickng out your own dessert from the bakery cases makes this one of my favorite stops in Roanoke.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

This place has tons of potential. I definitely prefer the eclectic style of the place with hometown vibe and local art (for sale) hanging on the wall over chain restaurants, and the menu offers a great variety of choices, especially vegetarian selections. I've been there twice, and the most recent time I had a chicken dish. It...sucked. For like $16, I expected to really like it, but it was a huge disappointment. Luckily, my boyfriend had chosen something much better, and he let me split that with him. The server didn't seem to notice that my food was basically untouched, which I was not impressed with. Oh well. We ordered dessert to take home for later, and wow it tasted better than it looked (and they look great). Loved the coconut cake and will definitely go back there for more. After dinner elsewhere, most likely. I *want* to like this place, but...

1  Thank balld80
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I recently ate at Wildflour at the location on 4th street in Roanoke, with my wife and young son. We have eaten there once before, and enjoyed the food and environment (service was still lacking)....but this time was different. The waitress was completely unattentive to our table for no reason whatsoever. I didn't think much of it at first, and began to look at the menu. The "mixed" plate looked good (consisted of shrimp, crabcakes, beef medalions, asparagus, and mashed potatoes), so I order it (cost = $25). This was the most expensive dish on the special menu, so I figured from the description and cost that it would be very good. After taking our orders, we didn't speak to our waitress again until she brought the check/offered for us to get desert (yeah right!). The beef medalions looked/tasted like dog food (really, no joke), I didn't receive mashed potatoes (nasty roasted strip like things are what I received), the shrimp had little to no flavor, and the portion was extremely small!! I am not one to raise a big fuss in a restaurant, and my waitress never came back by to even pass this message on to her. She never offered to refill our drinks or even check and see if we needed anything (I was hoping to get a cup of coffee, which I would have had with desert). The Wildflour at Tower's is wonderful, and have not had trouble at that location......this will be the last time I visit the 4th street location, and would advise you to head over to Tower's if you are interested in good food/service.