“Great little place...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harbor Inn
Ranked #88 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 540-563-0001
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Great little place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were traveling through and someone at the hotel mentioned this place. We have since eaten several times when we are traveling through. Reminds me of some of the local places I've been to on Jekyll Island, Ga. Simple decor, ample portions and a decent price.

• Visited March 2013

Vinton, Virginia
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ate there a few days ago and I can't stop thinking about how wonderful my crab legs were! The portion was huge for the price and they were thick, sweet, and delicious! No where else in this area can come close. My impression was to stay away from the non- seafood items. Seriously, give the crab legs a try... from a very picky eater!

• Visited July 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went here on the advice of friends and not impressed. You get a lot of food bit not so great. My husband is the seafood lover but said it was just OK. I got the chopped steak and in was not eatable. If we lived here we would never go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
U.S.A.F.
“EXCEPTIONAL CRAB LEGS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the outside you might pass this by, however all the locals know this is THE place for the "best" crab legs and at a reasonable cost. A few weeks prior to our trip to Roanoke we had been in Myrtyle Beach SC where one might expect to get exceptional seafood. We tried several resteraunts touting great seafood, amazingly, they by far paled in comparison to the Harbor Inn. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank 5Travel-Bugs-USAF
Roanoke, Virginia
“new owners at Harbor Inn-Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I recently had dinner at Harbor Inn In Roanoke. He ordered steak and shrimp with the steak to be cooked medium. We were advised by the staff to order it medium rare because the new owners tend to overcook. So we ordered it medium rare. The first sight of the Ribeye we knew it had been overcooked. It was well done and not the quality of steak we were use to from Harbor Inn. My husband tried to eat it and had to put it down. It had no taste whatsoever and was well done. It was terrible. We asked the waitress to please take it back so she did. She brought the same steak back to the table and advised us that the OWNER said
"There is nothing wrong with that steak" and he sent it back to the table. This was unbelievable to us. We asked to speak to the NEW Owner so he came to the table with arms crossed in a defensive way and ask what is the problem. My husband explained to him the issue.. The steak has no flavor. The response was AGAIN! "There is nothing wrong with that steak." We explained to him that not only does it not have any taste but it was asked to be cooked medium rare and it was very WELL DONE. He response was "That is 2 different issues, what would do you want me to do". This was a terrible evening and we will not return there after many dinners at Harbor Inn. They also have bought out Coach and Four in Roanoke. I can only imagine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sonjakidd

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!