“Oasis in chaos”
Review of King George Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
King George Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband, sisters, brother, nieces took up the entire house during the weekend of my daughter's wedding. I arrived in tears, because everything seems to have fallen into chaos. When Lynn greeted me inside that beautiful home I felt as though I had escaped to an oasis of beauty and calm. Jim and Lynn were very helpful and friendly and so willing to listen to the trials of wedding arranging.. The house was like living in the past---a beautiful, good past of elegance and taste. The breakfasts were gourmet and delicious. I want to move in!!!! Charlene A.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Our stay at the King George Inn offered us the perfect combination of luxurious accommodations and out of this world breakfasts. The house is spacious and spotlessly clean.
Our hosts, Jim and Lynn were delightful conversationalists and extremely helpful in anticipating our needs and making our visit to Roanoke memorable and fun.
We stayed in the Elizabeth suite with two double beds. The matresses and linens were of the highest quality.
Lynn is an accomplished artist as well as a gormet cook. Her work, along with others, is displayed throughout the house.
We have found our home away from home when we return to Roanoke.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed at the King George Inn one night while on a road trip. I had picked it off the internet because it was within walking distance of several restaurants that we were interested in. What a lovely home! The house is gorgeous with large and beautifully proportioned rooms. Everything was spotlessly clean and so comfortable. The hosts were very accommodating-we needed breakfast at 6:30 am and that was no problem. This is a great place and I hope we can come back one day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My mom and I were traveling in route to do some volunteer work and decided to make a fun weekend out the trip. The King George is a gorgeous home with kind inn keepers and a great breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We unexpectedly stopped in Roanoke on a roadtrip recently and really lucked out to have found the King George Inn. The house itself is very clean and charming. Hosts were extremely accommodating, and also had recommendations of what would be open for food per our late arrival. The beds were really, really comfortable, which is something I tend to be picky about as I don't typically sleep well away from home. Breakfast was very filling and very good. Solid location-- a little far to walk downtown, but manageable if you are in decent shape, and I bet a bike ride around the area and into town would be wonderful. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We met up with family in Roanoke, VA for the weekend and had the most lovely stay at the King George Inn. Jim and Lynn Hunt were extremely hospitable and they did not monopolize our time, which has happened at other B&Bs. They provided us with all sorts of suggestions on great places to eat and check out as it was our first time in Roanoke.

Before arriving, I called to let them know what time to expect us and Lynn was so sweet to have fresh cookies upon our arrival. The house was beautiful and the rooms were quiet and very cozy. We slept great on the bed and absolutely loved the sheets and linens.

I highly recommend staying at the King George Inn if you're looking for a good night's sleep in a great part of town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Gracious, beautiful, accommodating, overall wonderful experience. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012