WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Charming staff makes the Cambria Suites Roanoke the best of the best.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria Hotel & Suites

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Charming staff makes the Cambria Suites Roanoke the best of the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

Traveling into Roanoke, Virginia, for two weeks of business, I was told that this was the middle of nowhere. Oh, how I was mislead. When I arrived, I was recovering from the flu, so I just settled into my room (they upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge because I was staying so long) and when I did come out of my room, the pleasantness of the staff was such a treat. Living in Boston, Massachusetts, maybe I've become hardened by the coldness of folks in New England? I don't know but the Cambria Suites staff seems to truly enjoy their work and their coworkers. Okay, admittedly the chefs are little more moody… they frown once in a while, but everyone else is friendly, informative and accommodating. I want to adopt them all as family.

The location is convenient to downtown, as well as the myriad strips that seem to shoot out from the downtown area. It is convenient to the many hospitals in the area. The shuttle service runs Monday through Friday and was very helpful to this city-dweller who chose not to get a rental car, since I was worried about driving in a place I was unfamiliar with. The shuttle drivers are wonderful characters who I will likely remember the remainder of my life. Harry, Herbert & Jim, you are dear, dear men.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed one night at the Cambria Suites in Roanoke for business on January 7, 2011. I tend to go with the reviews on Trip Advisor and when I saw this hotel was ranked number one, I knew I had to try it. Even though it is a little off the beaten path, I had no problem finding it.

Check in was quick. The lady who checked me in (I'm sorry, I can't remember her name) was a sweetheart who made sure I had a room on the top floor (a preference of mine) as well as away from the elevator.

The room was large, clean and very modern. There were plenty of fresh, fluffy towels, two huge flat screen tvs, free wireless internet, a fridge and microwave as well as room service available (I decided to order from Good Fellows Pizza which was awesome!)

The fitness center was well beyond what I've seem in most hotels...with treadmills, weights and several other pieces of equipment.

The gentleman at the front desk (this is at midnight, mind you) was nice enough to make a copy of my presentation for work the next day since the community printer was out of ink.

Check out was a breeze. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and co-workers. If I'm in the area again, I know where I'm staying! You can't go wrong here! Loved it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Long Island NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

This is thesecond Cambria suites hotel I have stayed in now and just like the one in Columbus Ohio it really is great. I would look for them whenever I travel.
Ultra clean and modern, rooms are nice size, and very nice decor. This particular hotel is however not in the business section of Roanoke and is off the path almost in an industrial part outside. The area seems to be developing but again not in the middle of everything.
A one night stay on my way to Clemson SC, and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

What a hotel, I had mediocre expectations heading in, I didn't really get to pick the hotel and it had an incredible rate for the business I was doing with the nearby hospital. But the hotel was nearly brand new and in impeccable shape. The rooms were some of the best rooms I have ever stayed in. Free parking is also a plus. The LCD TV actually was set up to display some high-def channels which was really nice. Bed was very comfortable. Only stayed one night so I can't say a lot about the service, but the front desk was very courteous.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stay in hotels 8 days a month, and let me tell you this hotel is not only beautiful, and very clean, but the staff is amazing. They went above and beyond to ensure I was informed about every aspect of the hotel. They will go the extra mile. I will stay at Cambria Suites when I come to Roanoke for now on. Thank you all, and especially Pamela, who is the lady that checked us in and was so helpful. Absolutely will recommend. Keep up the great work guys your top notch.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
MD/DE State Line
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Took me a while to find the hotel. Also, a bit of a learning curve leaving the area for the beltway (poor signs). Upon check-in, great staff. Addressed me by Mr. (last name) each time I saw them. They took the time to address what was available to me, coffee, bar, exercise machines, parking areas, etc. The rooms are very modern, wonderful decor and nicely furnished. Not one, but two LCD TVs are available in each room. This area looks like it is still developing (nearby hopsital, that's about it ). Did not get a chance to have breakfast. I would definitely come back to this Cambria Suites. It truly was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank cilneri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

Its new its swank its clean and the price is right if you can, get a MT view suite you will not be disappointed. Have stayed there 3 times now. Only place in roanoke I will stay.

• Stayed November 2010