“Wonderful service, beautiful room, lovely hotel!”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We had some confusion over what we thought we booked and what we were given. The Assistant GM Lakeisha, (hope I spelled it right) went out of her way to make sure we were happy. All of the staff was friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay wonderful. The rooms were large and clean and the teenagers in our group loved the food and the decor. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's employees. I wish everyone working with the public were as nice as the Cambria staff. THANK YOU!!! Will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Cam51
There are newer reviews for Cambria Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I chose this for a two night stay based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. They were clean - but items above eye level were not well dusted. There is underground parking, and free shuttle service. The front desk gave me a helpful local map. The hotel is across the street from a park with soccer fields and a baseball diamond - a nice playground is in the same park, but not really walking distance. All of the staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. We came at the end of breakfast and the buffet was showing wear. When I mentioned the sorry state of the scrambled eggs, a waiter immediately offered to make me some fresh ones. There were two flat screen tvs in the room - but the remotes did not work well - you could not select channels by number and the guide buttons as well as many others did not work. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room (but no freezer for those traveling with ice packs). We were touring the Blue Ridge Parkway, and this was a great place to stop along the way.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Enjoyable stay at a new hotel. Very pleased to get special hospital rate for parent having surgery nearby. Made my stay convenient, comfortable and relaxing and wishing father was held in hospital for another day so I could extend my stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Gorgeous hotel conveniently located for us...Slight mix up when I booked the room, as I expected 2 beds but instead had 1 king bed and a sofa bed...No big deal for us. Breakfast was a bit pricey and just "ok". Beautiful pool and stunning hotel lobby, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I wasn't sure about staying at the place since I hadn't heard any reviews about it-yet. Ah!I loved my stay here and so did the family. Will definitely stay there if I visit Roanoke again. I am used to complimentary breakfasts but this one had its breakfast at a fee and I guess with its standard it has to charge for its breakfast buffet. Didn't stay long to really check it all out but for one night I enjoyed it indeed =)

Reviewed October 3, 2010

it appears this nice new location is experiencing employee problems. The young man who checked me in did so very quickly but told me nothing, i had to figure it all out on my own- keys, parking, room location, etc. i was trying to hear the lady checking in the man next to me telling details about the breakfast i could never find, elevator location, pool location, etc. i parked in underground lot, as i got out of my car several employees were arguing and loudly complaining about their jobs, a young man pushing trash got into elevator with me and he was very friendly and professional, actually the most professional employee i met there the entire stay and friendliest. he is also the only employee that ever asked how my stay was? i rode in the elevator with a lady who identified herself as manager who was showing rooms to parents for a group and she never spoke to me at all. no one asked me at checkout how my stay was. on 2nd morning i entered the not broken elevator and inside were two housekeeping employees once again complaining about their jobs and co-workers, i tried to call for room service several times- no answer so i walked down to order, girl said it would be ten minutes, so i said i would go to pool be back in ten, which i did and right as i walked up to pick up my order she walked out the front door to go smoke a cig, returned about 8 minutes later, rinsed off hands with no soap and then got my food order, asked me to step over to other register to pay which was uncomfortable as i came from pool, was dripping, cold and not appropriately dressed to be in restaurant area,, spinach dip with artichokes and chips was awful- i never found any breakfast, not even a breakfast menu, but the room was lovely, clean, quiet, comfortable, great bedding, great pillows. good comfortable decor, easy internet in room, good heat /cool system.hangers in closet do not fit and kept falling off. pool was nice, good temperature, nice size , pool room needed to be picked up a bit, towels lying around and puddles that needed to be wiped up.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank suzq52
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed here as part of a five day motorcycle trip and picked Cambria because of it’s location to the Blue Ridge Parkway and I liked the modern look I saw from the website. I stayed in a king suite which was very contemporary and large with two HD flat screen TV’s, pedestal sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker with a bedroom and a sitting area. All for around $100. I do agree with the other posters that the location seems not close to anything except the medical complex, but with covered parking for a motorcycle, clean, modern interiors,and a very friendly staff, I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo