“Outstanding hotel in great location”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed at Cambria Suites in Roanoke with my son. He was taking the bar exam at the Civic Center and needed privacy to review his notes. The one-bedroom suite was perfect for him, and the location of the hotel was perfect for the Civic Center and Roanoke downtown venues. Best of all, the accommodations were clean, comfortable and well maintained. All the staff members were friendly and quite helpful. It was easily one of the best hotel experiences I've enjoyed in a downtown location and one of the overall best I've enjoyed anywhere. My wife and I visit Roanoke on occasion. We will be sure to check on openings at this hotel again. When you get there, it may seem there's not much nearby, but it's only a short drive to the downtown area in one direction and suburban shopping in the opposite direction. In short, we loved it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Cambria Hotel & Suites

Reviewed August 9, 2010

New property and very nice. Friendly and helpful staff at checkin. There were a few things about the room that shouldn't happen. There was only 1 bath towel and washcloth, no tissues but an empty cover. The morning check out clerk was pretty clueless when I brought these items to her attention - maybe she was new too?? We had a king room and there wasn't room on the far side of the bed to be able to get in the bed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My wife and I booked the Cambria Suites for our recent weekend getaway to Roanoke. We were greeted with a very new and clean hotel. The lobby area is very well laid out with plenty of seating for large gatherings and quaint areas for reading or surfing the web. The hotel staff is very professional and knowledgeable about the area (however, if you are like us and prefer to dine at non-chain restaurants, they didn't have a clue). We had a room facing Mill Mountain, as well as the train yard on the back side of the hotel. The area is a no horn zone so you are not disrupted with the constant blare of the train horn (which was somewhat disappointing for us as we are avid railfans). The room is very spacious and has very nice touches with both a chair and sofa, a mini-fridge and microwave. They stock bath and body works bath products and Wolfgang Puck coffee. The fitness area is well equipped with a view of the pool area. The indoor pool and whirlpool were very nice until unattended children came and started cannonballing into the whirlpool. There is underground parking with access to all floors via the elevator, unlike some hotels where you have to take the elevator to the lobby level and then another elevator to the room levels.

The only drawback to the room is the poor position of the bed. There is no distance between the a/c unit and the bed so the person sleeping on that side does not have much clearance for moving around.

The only drawback to the overall hotel we had was that breakfast is not included in the room rate.

Aside from a kid pulling the fire alarm during the stay and having to evacuate, we truly enjoyed our stay and will return here in the future when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I think we got in on the intro rates, new hotel, i would def recommend! suite actually means suite - separate living area enough that i could sleep with my son while my husband watched tv. Great layout, super nice decor, very upscale and modern, not what we are used to in our price range - but again, i think we got the introductory rates! does not include bfast, but has fridge and micro, and full service restaurant with espresso downstairs. ONLY negative to whole place is pool - small and COLD! hot tub is very nice, and the exercise room is great, has free weights and NICE equipment. Maybe when they raise the rates they will heat the pool....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very Nice Hotel. We stayed in the 2 BR Suite which could sleep 6. One bedroom was closed with King bed and the other king bed was in a separated from the living room area. A Flat screen TV was in each room with all of the hook ups for games and anything else that you need. Price was excellent for a 2 BR Suite. Only draw back for me is they do not offer any smoking rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was a guest at the new Cambria Suites in Roanoke, Virginia. The hotel is beautiful...I was pleasantly surprised how urban and cool it was...the food was terrific too. They offer all kinds of coffees, great Italian wines and their appetizers are amazing!

The hotel is located just a mile from downtown Roanoke, and just blocks away from Towers Mall where I visited a great store, Present Thyme (it was on the lower level).

The Carilion campus is located just adjacent to the property. The Roanoke Greenway system runs very closeby and there is a gentleman who will bring you a bike to the hotel, in the event you wish to bike. The greenway was beautiful!

The hotel staff were very cordial, I felt very safe and the fitness facilities were top notch. I also enjoyed the easy Internet access and a copy of the Wall Street Journal with my morning coffee.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are heading to Roanoke, VA

Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We were lucky enough to be the very first guests to ever check into this brand new hotel. The decor is rich and contemporary. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite which also included a pull out couch. The room could sleep 6 comfortably. The bathroom was very spacious. All the toiletries are bath and body works brand and smell fantastic. There is a Wolfgang Puck kitchen that serves your favorite lattes and delicious food. The management staff was extremely courteous and friendly. I thought the location was great as you could get to just about anywhere in Roanoke (that we went at least) in 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family