“Business Trip Business Corp Office”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Naperville, Illinois
“Business Trip Business Corp Office”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friendly Staff
Clean Hotel
Good Location

The Bistro and Bar Staff are great - very friendly - answer questions - make good recommendations. I have stayed a many hotels across the country, and this property is in the top 10%. The hotel staff and managment know my name and assist me within their means.

The manager loaned me his bicycle during the weekend, when I wanted to ride the greeenway and up to the star! Thank you Kiel (sp?). The new management team is enthusiastic and seems to be very supportative of their staff.

Only great things can come from a managment team that works with its staff....

Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DonDoan2014
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your ride up to the star and around the greenway! Our teams focus is on our service, and I am glad to see that is showing through. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again, and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

So our journey across the Blue Ridge Parkway puts us in Roanoke for the 4th of July. As we have never been to the mid east coast of the US before this place was a bit of a shot in the dark! The hotel is about 3 miles out of the center of town, so not so good for heading into the city, which didn't really matter as nothing in the city was open for the 4th of July! We headed back to the hotel after finding a burger joint open in Grandin village (which was a good little spot). Anyway, the hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were helpful and courteous. The bar opened at 5pm, and we quickly found out the fireworks celebration was in the field adjacent to our hotel, so we got a table and decided as nothing in the city was open we would eat at the hotel and watch the fireworks. We normally don't eat at hotels and we were reminded why when the food rocked up. Don't eat the food at the hotel! It was pretty below average fare... But for 10 bucks a meal what did we really expect?!? So we ordered some whiskey and watched the fireworks. If you are staying in Roanoke and have a car handy this hotel is a great place to crash overnight. The bed was a comfy king and the room was nice and dark and quiet! Just go out somewhere for dinner!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HKC009
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our property, we value every bit of feedback we receive from our guests as it helps us continue to improve and provide world class service! We take great pride in our rooms and the cleanliness provided by our staff, and the restaurant is undergoing some changes at this very moment. I'm very glad you enjoyed watching the fireworks from our lobby and hope you get to come back again soon! Thank you again, and travel safe!
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very cool feel to the place. Great coffee in the lobby. Convenient to greenway for exercise. Covered parking. Comfortable beds and pillows. Love the separate sitting area- really feels more like a suite. We met the new manager when he saw us having trouble with our key card late one night. He was living in the hotel at the time and we thought he was a guest. Really great guy- the hotel is lucky to have him-it really improved my view of the whole stay. GO IU!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brickchick16
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us! I'm so glad I was able to hel[ out during your stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, and that you were pleased with our service as well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Being anyplace but home for 4 weeks is hard on most people, however at the Cambria it feels like a second home. In the beginning a few hiccups happened but the attentive staff and quick to resolve manager Kyle smoothed over any rough patches. After the 1st week stay most of the staff knew me by name, which I must admit is even better than I could have done my self. Checking in the second week I came in to the front lobby and was seen by Marlana who instantly greeted me by name and had my reservation up before i made it to the counter. As I passed by with luggage to ride the elevator Jill the bartender greeted me by name as well and stated she was happy to see me again. As I approached my room the gentleman who is always keeping the hotel passageways sparkling stopped what he was doing, and exclaimed to me "hello again, please let us know if you need anything at all" I must admit I never get a hello from any maintenance or cleaning staff at any other hotel! Finally I entered my room to find it clean neat and fresh. Shower/Tub is a great size and bathrooms have adequate room, everything you would expect from any other hotel. My biggest reason for the review is the staff. Normally you only experience this type of hospitality from staff at the Ritz or the Four Seasons, however I stand corrected as the Cambria in Roanoke is on par. Lastly the fact that this hotel offers shuttle service to close destinations so you don't have to drive is simply amazing. The 3 Gentlemen that took me all over during my entire stay were all great and very accommodating and courteous. My favorite driver would be Harry however, he even opened the door for me every time and struck up conversation to break the silence. A special thanks to Pamela who always took care of me in the morning, getting my to go water and OJ before I could make it to a table and always giving the best good morning, To Jill the bartender for her patience and amazing knowledge and WOW customer service skills she is a very personable lady who aims to make your stay amazing! To Tony who always struck up conversation and made sure the Bar tv was tuned to a show I liked. To Marlana at the front desk for making my stay great and going the extra mile to make my stay better than great, she was a pleasure to speak with and always took great care of me. To the guy who's name I do not know passing by in the halls and mopping the floors, it is hugely appreciated that you notice guests exist as most cleaning & maintenance staff do not and I appreciate you stopping the task you were doing until I passed by, and lastly to Harry the bus driver who went far beyond his duties to make sure what I needed and the times I needed to be places were adhered to, Thank you all for simply being amazing and not forgetting that the service your provide 1st is customer service. Additionally Thank you Kyle for taking care of the few problems that overall were minor in comparison to the great staff you have under your care who treated me so kind.

I must comment however that the hallways to access the rooms could be cooler as in the hot summer it can become slightly uncomfortable and the patio could use some more plants to soften up the hard scape. Just as few ideas to keep in mind. Other than that I'm impressed and do not plan to stay another place in Roanoke besides the Cambria when i'm here on business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Baileyboi
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the review of our property, there certainly is a lot of positive information here. I will be sure to share this review with Tony, Harry, Jill, Melena, and Pam. They are all going to be so proud that they made such an impression. Also our housemen, I will make sure they know how much you appreciate the extra human touch they offer. We take pride in our rooms, food quality and cleanliness, but what we stand on is our service. Thank you so much for noticing, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Travel Safe
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The rooms are very large with a separate seating area/desk area. The beds are extremely comfortable. I had a great night's sleep. You would have to spend a lot more money to get a better hotel room than this.

Everything was spotlessly clean and the bedding/towels/carpeting etc were very high quality.

The only let-down for me was the breakfast which was typical hotel fare. I skipped it and at breakfast in downtown instead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank adsk
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope you get to come see us again soon! Thank you again, and travel safe!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is very new with underground and above ground parking for great convenience. The grab and go section of the dining area complimented the breakfast and dinner offerings. My suite had a separate area with a desk wired for any and all technological options from HD inputs to audio inputs for presenting video etc. The bedding was inviting as was its location to downtown Roanoke. It is a bit pricey, but deals can be found in advance of your stay. I stayed four nights and would stay here again on my next visit to the city. I did not eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance for savings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reymoore21
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We're always glad to hear when our guests enjoy staying here. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed the room and hope to see you again soon. Hopefully when you come back you'll have a chance to try the restaurant as we are currently rebuilding our menu!

Thank you again, and travel safe!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Been on the road for 7 hours and this was a pleasant place to pull up to. Right off the bat everyone was super friendly and more then accommodating. Room was super nice and very clean. Overall great hotel and highly recommend this to anyone in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MathiasTheTraveler
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! We pride ourselves on our service and I can't wait to share this with my staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay and I do hope we get to see you again soon!!!

Thank you again and travel safe!