“Great alternative to hotel downtown” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria Hotel & Suites

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Maryland
“Great alternative to hotel downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is central to all the medical facilities and med school. It is a very nicely set up room for a night or longer stays. It was very clean. There was good indoor and outdoor parking too. The service at the front desk was especially friendly. We will use this hotel any time we are in the Roanoke area.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank PtmcRuth
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I'm so excited to hear that you loved your stay with us, and that you will be coming to see us again soon!!! I love to see that you enjoyed the room and the parking garage, but we pride ourselves on our service and I am most pleased that you found our staff so friendly. I can't wait to share this review with the whole staff here!!!

Thank you again and travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

From start to finish this was one of the best hotel experiences for work travel. The staff was very friendly and I loved the comfort of my room. I will definitely be staying here again…………………………………...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for letting us now about your stay!!! We are so glad to have had the opportunity to serve you!!! I truly can't tell you how excited our staff is when they see a review like this and I can't wait to share it with them. We will definitely be looking forward to seeing you again!!!!

Travel safe!
Bozeman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The suite was very large and modern. The bed felt new. I wound definitely recommend this Hotel. Everything about the hotel and room felt new, clean and modern. We will stay there again where we travel to Roanoke, VA. The rate was better than other hotels that are not as nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are always so glad to hear from our guests! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. These are the kinds of reviews our staff loves to see! Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay here.
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Thanks to other wonderful trip advisor reviewers, I chose to stay at this property while in town for business. I was not disappointed and this will be my lodging choice for future visits. Having two televisions in the suite was quite helpful for me. The shower was great and having bath and body works brand products was a much appreciated bonus! The exercise room was well maintained and everything I needed, including water/towel. Top floor offered nice view of the star on the mountain. I did not eat at the hotel due to there being a Cheddars (best croissants when fresh!) within close driving distance. Staff was so kind and even enabled my shopping habit by having a Macy's coupon readily available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay with us! I'm so proud to hear that our staff delivers such great service (even if they did enable your habit a little). I love to hear how much you enjoyed the room as well. Next time your hear you should definitely try the food though, we are in process of building a whole new menu for the restaurant as we speak!

Thanks again, and we can't wait to see you soon!!!
Richmond, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great hotel in Roanoke, Virginia. Great hotel, close to Mill Mountain, downtown, and I-581. We stayed here last year for the Blues Festival that was adjacent to the property. Some of the artists stayed here too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MartitaV
Thank you so much for the time you took to review your stay! Our location is one of our finest selling points, with access to downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and a courtesy shuttle to get you ever where you need to go.

Thank you again, and travel safe!
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a well run hotel, with professional and friendly staff. The rooms are large and cozy! My only complaint about this hotel is the sound in the room. You can hear people walking above you and noise coming from the rooms beside you. It was quiet when I went to bed so I slept well. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor, as there are elevators. I was not on the top floor and I could here people...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeyt62
Aspers, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

All that you have read on TripAdvisor about this hotel is true. We were very pleased at the cleanliness and ambiance from the moment we walked in to the lobby. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Decor is upscale and soothing. Lighting is particularly thoughtful, with a dimmer switch in living room area. Coffee was great- Wolfgang Puck.
Breakfast was very good. Pam was our server, and she was so kind and welcoming. She not only gave us terrific service, she also helped us with questions about area attractions. We got the signature blueberry muffin French Toast, and it was scrumptious! The chef, Donnie, even came out to give me the recipe for the nutmeg sauce in the dish. Thanks to both of them we had a great breakfast while gazing at the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stay here folks. You won't be sorry!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Now that's what you like to hear! Thank you so very much for your review of your stay! We take pride in our rooms, restaurant, lobby and even our coffee! But what we stand on is our service, and I will be sure to recognize Pam and Donnie and let the rest of our staff know what a fantastic job they are doing! Thank you again so much for taking the time to review us!

Travel safe!