“Wonderful Friendly Staff”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I made an unplanned trip to Roanoke to visit my brother in the hospital. He became ill while on a business trip. My family has been coming in from all over to see to his care. The people the Cambria Suites made a very stressfull time very comforting. Everyone from Kim and Crystal at the Front desk to Tony at the bar, the kind hearted gentlemen, Herbert and Jim who drive the shuttle right down to the ladies who kept the place super clean were wonderful. I have traveled extensively and this is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in. It was not just the service but just how the much they compassion they have for the people they serve. Each night they all asked how was my brother doing you dont get that in a large hotel. If we had a problem they correct it immediately they just made our stay a simple one. Our family did not feel far from home at all. Please give your staff all the recognition they deserve for they have earned it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I am so incredibly proud of my staff and am so fortunate to have them! The thing is that it is easy for them because they really DO care! I will certainly pass along your kind words and we hope that your brother is well.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have a new favorite place to stay on our way to NC. The rooms are fantastic. We love the layout and having 2 tvs was a plus. In addition they were spotless. Pam who works in the restaurant was wonderful. We found everyone to be friendly. We love this place!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor...south side. It was quiet and wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I have posted your comments in the employee break room for all to see that Pam made such an impression on you! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We got a corner suite to accommodate my daughter, me and my husband. This was a beautiful room, clean and spacious. The King bed was super comfortable. The TV's had beautiful crystal clear screen resolution. We needed a bit of instruction on how to use, but that was no problem as the front desk was very helpful. Every other place I have gone where the TV doesn't work, it seems nobody knows how to work it. We were able to use our electronic device with wifi in our room with no issues. We did not eat there, but we did have some wine and when the wine was not available that I ordered, the lady was very accommodating and charged me accordingly. I also felt very welcomed when I arrived and even had a warm sendoff when I checked out. Oh and did I mention there was parking under cover? All in all this was one of the nicest, cleanest and friendliest hotels I have ever stayed at and now I will continue to look for a Cambria Suites hotel when I travel again. Oh and also this hotel is very elegantly decorated and very well kept.

Room Tip: get a corner suite on the top level for a beautiful view and quiet :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much! Rave reviews such as yours is just what we need to build a Brand! THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room was large and very inviting. Bed comfortable. Clean bathroom with shower massage. Great staff and service and hospital discount. Any trips to Roanoke to hospital I will stay here. Had great hot breakfast bar and Wall Street journal to read. Parking in basement will elevator to parking. Very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. You don't have to wait for a reason to visit the hospital to come for a visit to Roanoke! Come visit a museum or just a getaway!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

A nice new hotel, with big comfy beds and actual pillows..... makes for a good nights sleep. I have been coming to Roanoke area for a few years and never noticed this little gem. Will be back. Easy commute to downtown or mall area for food and drinks and if you enjoy walking, there are a few places to eat (Fork In the Alley, River and Rail) and a cupcake shop (Bubblecake) about a 1/2 mile away.

Staff is friendly, hotel is clean and modern. Workout facility was large and had a few machines. I didn't use it because lots of area around hotel for a run.

Negatives: Parking is actually down the hill from hotel, so you get a workout. There are a few parking places under the building so I am sure there is some type of elevator access in to the hotel. The pool is not much bigger than my bathtub at home. I have never seen a smaller hotel pool - if this is something your kids are looking forward to, go somewhere else for an indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank orreo5859

I am amazed at the amount of requests that I get wanting to know what our pillows and bedding are! I am delighted that you enjoyed a great nights sleep! The pool is described as a spa like pool and is in fact quite small:(

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Asheville, NC. It was absolutely lovely! The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and efficient, our room was spacious and clean, and the restaurant and bar was great (better than we expected!) We were traveling with our toddler, and found the hotel to be extremely kid-friendly. There didn't seem to be a lot in the surrounding neighborhood (just the hospital), but we did drive into "downtown" Roanoke the following morning for breakfast, and it was a quick 5 minute drive. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! Please come back!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

stayed here for the b-b-que and blues festival. it was a very nice room all we had to do was walk across the street rooms are very nice service was excellent. the great thing about this was we could just walk back to the room if we needed too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Good news! More Blues to come!! We will hold a room for you!