“THANK YOU JOY and STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Hotel & Suites

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“THANK YOU JOY and STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My Name is Paul Hurley and I have been in Hotel Management for to many years to talk about. A good friend of mine is in the need of a Kidney Transplant and Joy and the staff greatfully donated the Tower Suite for one night on behalf of a local fund raiser! It is awesome to know that the staff treats the community as well as it's guest! AGAIN THANK YOU JOY!! We raised over 18,000 for Jenny Mays DeLorenzo!

Room Tip: The Hospital is with in Walking distance there is tons of things to do right outside the Hotels door...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
What a successful fund raiser! Congratulations and we wish nothing but the best for Jenny and pray for a speedy and complete healing! We are grateful to be a part of a community that cares!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was the designated stay for our sporting event, so we had no choice. I was not expecting much (just your typical hotel room with flowery bedspread, cramped bathroom, noisy air/heating unit etc.). I was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED to see that the suite was large and stylishly decorated. Three large windows (from floor to ceiling) let in natural light to the sitting area and bedroom. The wet bar area was very spacious. The sleeping areas were away from the door as to not hear corridor noise. The air/heating was relatively quiet( you know it's on but it's not annoyingly loud). I especially loved the full length heavy framed mirror, the magnifying make-up mirror in the bathroom and the ability to freely move around in the room without maneuvering around furniture and other bodies. The bathroom was also spacious with a unique sink. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The lobby was equipped with plenty of seating and internet access as well as a mini restaurant with a menu that would satisfy your hunger. My only criticism would be the dim lighting at night in the room.

Room Tip: The 5th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! You were apparently in one of our corner, tower suites that happen to be my favorite of our suites. While all suites have the same bathrooms and other similarities the corner rooms are the only ones with those great windows!
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days here in a two room suite. They are very spacious and nicely decorated. Each room had a flat screen TV, king bed was very comfortable, handy small fridge and microwave. Bathroom was very nice too. No views to brag about and not really downtown located as advertised, but just a short drive away. Handy underground garage, nice reception area with computer and printer available for the guests. Nice small pool and gym. The only drawback was the strong smell of fried bacon in th elevators (24/7).
If in Roanoke again, our choice is the Cambria Suites for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on our hotel. We are delighted that you will be staying with us on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley!
Alderson, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a new hotel in the 2 star Choice Hotel Brand, but I was quite surprised. It has laminate floors in the the lobby and a small restaurant. The hotel room was nicely appointed with granite countertops in the bathroom, and a sitting room with its own TV. This hotel was located near downtown Roanoke, VA. The location is off of the main streets and somewhat secluded but very safe. They even give discounts to patients and their families of the Roanoke Memorial Hospital. the hotel has its own parking garage. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We like "Really Surprised" Cambria Suites is Choice hotels Flagship Hotel with new ones coming every day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was nice. I enjoyed the suite style room for the same price as a standard hotel room in the area. The bed was comfortable but the couch was not. The entire hotel was clean and felt very modern/upscale. The front desk lady was nice and helped us when we needed it. When we first arrived, the entire first floor and elevator reeked of bacon. That was the only unpleasant part of the stay. I am assuming it was because of the breakfast buffet or something like that, but this was at 3 PM. Parking was nice, it felt safe. The entire area seems newly developed, so I liked the whole surrounding part. Walls seemed a little thin because I felt like I heard things for the entire night. Other than thin walls and bacon, I loved my stay. I will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review - I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. That bacon does seem to linger sometimes! Makes me hungry all day:-)
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Cambria Suites in Roanoke one night for a little anniversary getaway. We really enjoyed the room. It was comfortable with a great modern look. The bed was very comfortable. We had a very good rate on the weekend, I thought, for the newer hotel. It is not within walking distance to anything really except the medical school and related offices (There is some type of park across the street.). With that said, it is a short drive away (10 min) from two malls and good restaurants, etc.

There was a good-sized gym with great equipment. The pool area had good lounge space although the pool is small. We used the spa which could have been cleaner. The lobby with the hotel's restaurant is spacious and inviting. I would have given this hotel a rating of 5 if there had not been a couple very minor cleanliness issues (glass in room had coffee ring in bottom and bathroom floor had some dust/dirt around the edges, along with the spa). I did not feel that the room was dirty, but I did not feel it was super-clean.

Overall, we were very pleased and would stay here again. I don't think Roanoke has very many full-service (almost), nice, modern hotels; this is one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments - both the good and not so good. We inspect our property daily but it is through the eyes of our guests that we sometimes become aware of our short comings.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was here just for a night as I have to stop by Roanoke while traveling. The location is very convenient with restaurants nearby. They have a basement parking which really helped me to cover my car from the snowy night. The rooms are great with two flat screen TV's one near the bed and other in the sitting area. The bathroom is very spacious and comfortable. Overall, I had a nice experience here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. Please come back and see us when the weather is good. Perhaps ride one of our bikes on the Greenway?