“Very Nice Suite”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days here in a two room suite. They are very spacious and nicely decorated. Each room had a flat screen TV, king bed was very comfortable, handy small fridge and microwave. Bathroom was very nice too. No views to brag about and not really downtown located as advertised, but just a short drive away. Handy underground garage, nice reception area with computer and printer available for the guests. Nice small pool and gym. The only drawback was the strong smell of fried bacon in th elevators (24/7).
If in Roanoke again, our choice is the Cambria Suites for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments on our hotel. We are delighted that you will be staying with us on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a new hotel in the 2 star Choice Hotel Brand, but I was quite surprised. It has laminate floors in the the lobby and a small restaurant. The hotel room was nicely appointed with granite countertops in the bathroom, and a sitting room with its own TV. This hotel was located near downtown Roanoke, VA. The location is off of the main streets and somewhat secluded but very safe. They even give discounts to patients and their families of the Roanoke Memorial Hospital. the hotel has its own parking garage. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We like "Really Surprised" Cambria Suites is Choice hotels Flagship Hotel with new ones coming every day!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was nice. I enjoyed the suite style room for the same price as a standard hotel room in the area. The bed was comfortable but the couch was not. The entire hotel was clean and felt very modern/upscale. The front desk lady was nice and helped us when we needed it. When we first arrived, the entire first floor and elevator reeked of bacon. That was the only unpleasant part of the stay. I am assuming it was because of the breakfast buffet or something like that, but this was at 3 PM. Parking was nice, it felt safe. The entire area seems newly developed, so I liked the whole surrounding part. Walls seemed a little thin because I felt like I heard things for the entire night. Other than thin walls and bacon, I loved my stay. I will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review - I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. That bacon does seem to linger sometimes! Makes me hungry all day:-)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Cambria Suites in Roanoke one night for a little anniversary getaway. We really enjoyed the room. It was comfortable with a great modern look. The bed was very comfortable. We had a very good rate on the weekend, I thought, for the newer hotel. It is not within walking distance to anything really except the medical school and related offices (There is some type of park across the street.). With that said, it is a short drive away (10 min) from two malls and good restaurants, etc.

There was a good-sized gym with great equipment. The pool area had good lounge space although the pool is small. We used the spa which could have been cleaner. The lobby with the hotel's restaurant is spacious and inviting. I would have given this hotel a rating of 5 if there had not been a couple very minor cleanliness issues (glass in room had coffee ring in bottom and bathroom floor had some dust/dirt around the edges, along with the spa). I did not feel that the room was dirty, but I did not feel it was super-clean.

Overall, we were very pleased and would stay here again. I don't think Roanoke has very many full-service (almost), nice, modern hotels; this is one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments - both the good and not so good. We inspect our property daily but it is through the eyes of our guests that we sometimes become aware of our short comings.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was here just for a night as I have to stop by Roanoke while traveling. The location is very convenient with restaurants nearby. They have a basement parking which really helped me to cover my car from the snowy night. The rooms are great with two flat screen TV's one near the bed and other in the sitting area. The bathroom is very spacious and comfortable. Overall, I had a nice experience here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your review. Please come back and see us when the weather is good. Perhaps ride one of our bikes on the Greenway?

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Was VERY impressed with the room. Wonderful king bed, beautiful sitting area - each with its own flat screen TV. And the bath was spacious, clean and warm. Usually I think of a hotel as just a place to sleep behind a licked door. But I was really sorry that I didn't have the time to hang out and enjoy the room and pubic spaces. Here is where I am staying next time I find myself in Roanoke

• Stayed: January 2013

We hope your travels find you back in Roanoke very soon and look forward to your return! Thank you!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family (3 adults) decided to stay at this hotel based solely on the reviews we read on Trip-advisor and were very pleased we did. Check-in went smoothly and the staff was very helpful in giving us directions. We found the room spacious, clean & quiet, with very comfortable beds. The linens were exceptional. One nice feature is a full service bar and kitchen in the lobby. The rooms facing the railroad tracks don't have much of a view...but...we weren't there for the view. The parking is free, and indoors. The breakfast selection is more than adequate with attentive staff.
We were very satisfied with this hotel and would stay there again anytime we are in the Roanoke area. We found the rates to be very reasonable, as well.

Room Tip: No view from rooms facing the railroad tracks.