“My first experience with Cambria - A+!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria Hotel & Suites

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Vancouver, Canada
“My first experience with Cambria - A+!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is a relatively brand new hotel so it automatically wins points for looking extremely clean and updated. Large spacious suites with comfy beds. Staff are also extremely friendly and helpful. The location is a bit far from downtown but close to the hospital and a shuttle was provided for us in the morning. There is little breakfast area you can eat from in the morning, my only complaint is that it isn't complimentary, and the food is mediocre compared to places I've stayed where they offer included breakfast. The price /value is amazing for everything ($80) although I was on a corporate rate so your miles may vary. Anyway, this is my first time at a Cambria suites hotel and I will definitely try them out again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LeviTrop
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Did you know that the shuttle will take you downtown at no charge? Monday through Friday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here this past Saturday night while visiting with family. We got a great rate on the internet, and we were both very impressed with the facility. The hotel is fairly new (about 2 years), and we found it to be very clean. Our room was quite spacious.. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. we would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! Please come stay with us again!
Port Orange, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend. We got a great rate after signing up for Choice Rewards. The hotel is modern and the rooms are very spacious. The staff was friendly and the hotel is very close to he hospital and Mill Mountain. There were just a few small things we didn't like: the view from the pool area is train tracks and graffiti covered train cars, the rooms are a little dimly lit, and the hotel isn't the greatest location for downtown nightlife, but it's only a 5 min drive away. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and definitely would consider staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Rebeltooth
As you stayed over a holiday our complimentary shuttle was not available - but we offer service to downtown Monday through Friday until 11PM. Roanoke is a railroad town and children love the trains - I am sorry that you didn't appreciate them, but glad that you enjoyed your stay otherwise.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here driving up 81. Nice modern hotel, open concept lobby and bar/restaurant. Clean rooms. Had a king and sofa bed for kids (which was not very comfy) because they were out of rooms with 2 queens. We will get 2 queens next time. Pool is a bit small for anything other than splashing around.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! Unfortunately we do have a limited number of rooms with 2 queen beds so book early!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I arrived late, on a holiday weekend while a wedding party was celebrating...usually I would expect the worst. But this hotel was so lovely. The staff went out of their way to be helpful - from greeting me at the door and helping me find the best rate to the wonderful bartender, everyone was like family. The rooms are clean, modern and really spacious. Even with a mediocre pizza order from the restaurant, I have to give it 5 stars.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Our staff is our greatest asset! Our goal is to make you feel like family and I am so glad that we succeded!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was VERY IMPRESSED with this all suite hotel. Everything from the decor to the technology and other amenities was the best I've ever seen. Beds are very comfy, rooms are laid out well, and hotel staff is excellent. These rooms accommodate the business traveler and leisure traveler well! Very modern and classy. Spacious parking outside and under building parking as well. There are too many good things to write here. I refuse to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YAY! Just what we strive for! Please come back again and again!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked this room on Hotwire and what a deal! The only issue I had was Hotwire listed "free breakfast" and when I went down after a great night sleep and a super hot shower there was a sigh that it was a charge of $9.50 for the buffet. I asked the lady working the area and she said no free breakfast but check at the front desk, I went there and was told the same thing. I had to pull up the hotwire reservation to show her before she finally gave me a coupon to cover the cost. It was not really that big of a deal to me but if you were with kids it is huge! The room was wonderful with fridge and microwave. They have garage parking with is nice or you can park outside. They even have bikes to rent as they are near a wonderful walk/bike path. Great place, don't overlook this gem!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am happy that the staff gave you the breakfast voucher and we have corrected the error with Hotwire as breakfast is not generally included in our rates. Please come see us again!