“Very Comfy...”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, close to everything, great service, spacious rooms and comfortable beds. My only complaint is they need more lighting in the room, but otherwise a great place. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Sorry I missed this and thank you for your review

There are newer reviews for Cambria Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had reservations with my son for a soccer tournament in town and about 100 miles out of town something told me to call and confirm our reservation. Well guess what, the entire teams reservations had been cancelled. No call or follow-up e-mail and not looking good at all. They said they would put us in a hotel down the street but by time I got there no rooms were available so I've been up since 0400 and it's 2300 at night and I'm not real happy. At this point you want to scream but the ladies working the desk made a terrible situation good by treating us like guests. They got us a room about 15 miles from town and paid for it (won't bore u with that place) and they were able to get us in the next night. Pat, Maggie, and the rest of the ladies went over and beyond to right a bad situation. Not happy with sales cancelling our reservation but what can you do. I will return to the Cambria Suites based on our treatment from the front desk!!! Awesome. The hotel is really nice, well-decorated, and have some great food and drink. You will need a car to go out to eat though. The area isn't bad, just nothing around except the hospital. A lot of restaurants within a 5-minute drive. They need to work out their cancellation communication but the front desk couldn't have been better!!! Thanks again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room ending in 11, its an end room and had a separate bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our staff! We are indeed fortunate to have them! We took this experience with the group cancellation as a learning experience and will always send individual cancellations as a result!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night traveling through Roanoke. This was our first stay in a Cambria Suite - wished there were more of them around the country.

Pros:
Sitting area - nice size and comfortable furniture (though the lamps were really "cheap" - shades shook when someone walked in the room)
nice desk/chair set up
nice front desk staff
underground/covered parking option
lovely lobby
refrig/microwave
and finally/most important: CLEAN

Cons:
dim lighting everywhere except bathroom
king bed seemed "stuffed" into bedroom space
layout of space - seemed that the bedroom and sitting area space should have been reverse
no complimentary breakfast (not even coffee!!)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night in a 2 bedroom suite. Very comfortable rooms and very nicely furnished. Somewhat smaller bedrooms and just one bathroom but this is reflected in the lower room rate compared with other hotel chains. I can see why this is number one in Roanoke. They do have a restaurant with a limited menu where we had dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the excellent food being served there.
We would definitely stay here next time we are in the area and highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My friends and I are stayed and were extremely disappointed with the rude staff members, from the housekeeping staff to the general manager. We booked a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. When we checked in at 5:00, we were told that there were no rooms available with two beds. While they admitted that there were several rooms that had not yet been taken, we wouldn't be given one because we didn't have a "real" reservation. We had booked the room through a conference and the hotel was apparently not accustomed to the volume of clients the conference brought. We paid $149 for the night, which is the highest rate I've seen. Yet, the manager refused to do anything to accommodate and refused to discount the rate. She said we already had a special rate. We were then given a cot, but we were told that it violated the fire code for us to have it. The cot was delivered to the room but not set up and there were no blankets. When we called to ask for blankets, the housekeeper had a fit and said there were none in the hotel. She eventually did find one but was very rude about having to go look for one. The rooms are nice, but it isn't worth staying here unless you want to be treated poorly. I have never experienced worse customer service. It is clearly the culture, from the management on down. I will be pursuing this with Choice hotels and I certainly would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank K C

I apologize again for your experience at our hotel. We are making sure that all convention rooming lists do NOT include rooms with 2 queen beds as we have such a limited number of them.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Cambria Suites with my two children. We were there during what seemed like the most humid week of the summer, and it didn't feel like the hotel was running the air conditioners in the hallways. But that is my only (minor) complaint.
The hotel is beautiful and modern, the room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant was very accommodating, helping me get breakfast for three up to our suite. Front desk agents were friendly, and the general manager was very kind to us. The location was ideal for where we needed to be, and our room had a view of the Roanoke Star. We will definitely stay here again when we are in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

When the heat is on in Roanoke you definately feel it! The halls do have AC but some days they seem to struggle to keep up! I am glad that the staff overcame the shortcomings of the airconditioning - or lack of - in the hallways!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location is not very convenient for travelers, but the facility is first-rate. Comfortable bed, semi-separated bedroom and lounging room with wide-screen TV in both. Excellent shower, easily controlled room temperature. Eating/drinking facility on-site. Only drawback: no free breakfast, as other upscale Choice Hotels offer. Would be my first choice in Roanoke on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple