“Great hotel,great staff.”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night in a 2 bedroom suite. Very comfortable rooms and very nicely furnished. Somewhat smaller bedrooms and just one bathroom but this is reflected in the lower room rate compared with other hotel chains. I can see why this is number one in Roanoke. They do have a restaurant with a limited menu where we had dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the excellent food being served there.
We would definitely stay here next time we are in the area and highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your review! we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My friends and I are stayed and were extremely disappointed with the rude staff members, from the housekeeping staff to the general manager. We booked a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. When we checked in at 5:00, we were told that there were no rooms available with two beds. While they admitted that there were several rooms that had not yet been taken, we wouldn't be given one because we didn't have a "real" reservation. We had booked the room through a conference and the hotel was apparently not accustomed to the volume of clients the conference brought. We paid $149 for the night, which is the highest rate I've seen. Yet, the manager refused to do anything to accommodate and refused to discount the rate. She said we already had a special rate. We were then given a cot, but we were told that it violated the fire code for us to have it. The cot was delivered to the room but not set up and there were no blankets. When we called to ask for blankets, the housekeeper had a fit and said there were none in the hotel. She eventually did find one but was very rude about having to go look for one. The rooms are nice, but it isn't worth staying here unless you want to be treated poorly. I have never experienced worse customer service. It is clearly the culture, from the management on down. I will be pursuing this with Choice hotels and I certainly would never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank K C

I apologize again for your experience at our hotel. We are making sure that all convention rooming lists do NOT include rooms with 2 queen beds as we have such a limited number of them.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Cambria Suites with my two children. We were there during what seemed like the most humid week of the summer, and it didn't feel like the hotel was running the air conditioners in the hallways. But that is my only (minor) complaint.
The hotel is beautiful and modern, the room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant was very accommodating, helping me get breakfast for three up to our suite. Front desk agents were friendly, and the general manager was very kind to us. The location was ideal for where we needed to be, and our room had a view of the Roanoke Star. We will definitely stay here again when we are in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

When the heat is on in Roanoke you definately feel it! The halls do have AC but some days they seem to struggle to keep up! I am glad that the staff overcame the shortcomings of the airconditioning - or lack of - in the hallways!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location is not very convenient for travelers, but the facility is first-rate. Comfortable bed, semi-separated bedroom and lounging room with wide-screen TV in both. Excellent shower, easily controlled room temperature. Eating/drinking facility on-site. Only drawback: no free breakfast, as other upscale Choice Hotels offer. Would be my first choice in Roanoke on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have traveled with a group of friends for about 15 years, meeting twice a year for three nights. We hit the "jackpot" this time when we stayed at the Cambria Suites Roanoke. Rooms were great- but staff was superb. The most accommodating group we have ever worked with. a shuttle, (free) to take us to dinner and other activities. We have never felt more cared for. We hope they will open many more Cambria Suites and we can't wait to try them.
Betty and Gene

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bettybanks

We SO enjoyed your group and hope that y'all come back to Roanoke soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just wanted to take a few minutes and let you know that Kim and Nikki are great. They really make me feel at home. They are always very professional. It was until I came to the hotel, when I had another person at the front desk who wasn't very friendly. Example I told them my rate is $110.00 per night and they asked me how often do I stay here. Then she stated that my rate was not in the system. I wanted to leave, because my office is close to the Hilton and I actually travel a little extra, because of the service by Kim and Nikki. So today, I actually stayed at work longer to ensure i do not deal with the people on that shift. I spoke with Nikki today, and as always she made things right. Please do something extra for them for providing great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jaime b

Kin and Nikki are wonderful and I am blessed to have them! On the other hand I would love to know who was NOT so wonderful!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised upon checking in. A nice sized suite with a king sized bed and a view of a mountain (with a star on top). 2 flat screens, wireless, and inputs for the flat screen in the living area for my laptop. A very nice idea. Good food for breakfast and conveniently located. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul_and_DebbieWI

Thank you so much for the review! Hope your travels bring you back to Roanoke soon!