“A Lovely Gem in the Heart of Roanoke”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We are residents of Roanoke who were affected by the recent wind storm in the mid-Atlantic. We were without power for a week in sweltering temperatures. We decided to try the Cambria on the 4th of July; what a great decision! The price was unbeatable (89.99 with AARP) for a king suite. This is one of the newest hotels in Roanoke, and what a nice little gem it is! It has a modern boutique hotel feel. Our room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. As an extra perk, due to the location beside River's Edge Sports Complex, we had a front row seat to the 4th of July fireworks show! The one negative for some may be the fact that there is no complimentary breakfast. There is a cafe/bistro in the lobby level. Since this hotel is the closest to our home, we would definitely recommed it to any visiting family or friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 3, 2012

On Friday, 29 June 2012, the Roanoke Valley was hit by a horrendous storm with winds in excess of 80 mph. The majority of the area is without electrical power and it will be days before it is fully restored. As a Hilton diamond I assumed I would have no problem getting a hotel room while my house was without electricity. Well assume again - one was not to be found. After 2 nights of sleeping in my car - which was cooler than sleeping in my house - a friend suggested that maybe Cambria Suites had a room. I got one of the last ones and I am thankful!

The property is adjacent to the Carilion Clinic Roanoke Memorial Hospital with a parking garage. The people have been wonderful - some of them without power at home themselves and totally understanding of the frustration of the situation and trying to make things as welcoming as possible. The hotel is beautiful and stylish - as nice or nicer than some Hilton properties I have stayed in recently. My suite - though not as big as some - is exceedingly comfortable with one of the most comfortable beds I slept in, a nice sitting area, 2 flat screen TV's and all the amenities you would expect from a luxury property but without the luxury price.

The hotel has a wonderful pool and exercise facility along with being adjacent to the Roanoke valley greenway and parks. My room has an exceptionally nice view of the hospital and the surrounding Mill Mountain. The restaurant bar area is staffed with wonderful people that go the extra mile and the lobby area has nice quiet conversational areas. Overall this property cannot be beat for the price. In the past I have put visiting guests up at the Hotel Roanoke but from now on they will be staying at Cambria Suites Roanoke.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The only place to stay if you are traveling or needing to be at Roanoke Memorial Hospital. A shuttle will take you any where you need to be and pick you up. Very accommodating. Wonderful barista and an overall excellent experience.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This palce must be very new. We had a room with 2 queens, which also had a small sitting area with a desk and its own tv. We paid about $150/night, which I felt was a steal. The rooms feel a bit sterile, but the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice, with a sink that sits up on the counter, very modern and nice.
The staff were nice if not as professional as I am used to at other hotels. There is a large lobby area that is really nice, with options for food that we did not use.
One major complaint, we called for an extension on our check-out time. Check-out is 11am, and we had just arrived at around 11:30 the night before. The information booklet in the room specifically states that you can call to request extended time. When I called, at first the woman who answered said she couldn't give extra time. When I alerted her that their in-room info said they could if asked, she said housekeeping told her not to. When I explained that we had arrived late the night before and woken up late, she finally said, "Well, you can stay until 11:15." When I balked at that, she progressively added 15 minutes until I agreed for 12. Then, right after 11, housekeeping banged on our door several times, even though the do not disturb sign was still up. When I told them we had late check out, they went away.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is your choice. Very nice, very new hotel. Rooms are big! Bathrooms are nice and new. Nice fixtures. Very nice towels. Really nice pillows. Nice beds. Staff is very nice, friendly, and accommodating. What is my complaint? I think I really like older hotels with character. Hotels which are part of a landscape. This Cambria suite is a very nice hotel, it's just not old!

Dining was just average. Nice service, but stick to the hamburger.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here last fall for a Virginia Tech football game. Very nice, modern hotel just outside downtown Roanoke. Nice bar downstairs. Rooms, like all Cambria's, spacious and comfortable. I really like the separate couch and sitting area to watch TV. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bdevido
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay and hope that you keep us in mind each time your travels bring you to Roanoke! Go Hokies!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a refreshing experience to visit such a well-maintained hotel with friendly, helpful staff and lovely modern rooms with lots of little added touches to make one's stay easy and fun. The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was ultra-modern and we loved the Bath and Body soaps and shampoo, lotion, etc. The towels were thick and absorbent, and there was even a makeup mirror with an extension arm mounted on the wall. The morning coffee packets were robust Wolfgang Puck and there was also organic tea. (I wasn't left pining for Starbucks) It's obvious much thought was put into the planning and layout of the rooms. We felt like pampered houseguests! We highly recommend this hotel for families or anyone. It's well worth it. We did not buy breakfast or eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the food.

Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We are "delighted" that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of our hotel and amenities. The comment that you made about "feeling like a pampered houseguest" is how we would like for all of our guests to feel. Thank you so much!