“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Kentucky
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Nice hotel. Comfortable. Exceptional Van service and drivers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I travel for business to Roanoke and stay for three weeks at a time. I keep returning to this hotel for quite a few reasons. First and foremost the staff is the friendliest and most accommodating I have experienced. You would expect this kind of treatment in a luxury resort hotel. During my stay I was on the Ideal Protein diet, and could only eat certain foods. Doug, the chef, made sure that the meals I ate in the restaurant (which were ALL the meals for my three-week stay!) were made to the specifications of my diet. The food was fabulous and I felt like a VIP because of the accommodation he made for special meals not on the menu. Jill, the bartender and server in the restaurant feels like a personal friend! (This has been confirmed with the many guests I have come across during my stays.) She makes the hotel feel like my second home. Kim at the front desk is always quick with a smile and "How are you doin'?" (in the sweetest southern drawl). The accommodations were beautiful, modern and very comfortable. No-hassle plug in for internet and, like a reviewer before stated, lots of techy plug-ins that I'm sure would be very important for some business travelers. The rooms are very spacious, the beds and pillows SUPER comfortable and the decor modern, yet warm and inviting. HD tv's are in every room. The only thing I wish they had was a scale in the fitness center. Other than that, the fitness center has great equipment...brand new and modern. This truly feels like my home away from home....just better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I am so thrilled with your comments! The next time you are in Roanoke please ask for me so that I can meet you!
Tequesta, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very nice hotel. The suites are very nicely decorated and nicely appointed. I love that they have connections where I can just plus a vga connection from my laptop into the tv. (and lots of other high tech looking connections that I really don't have any use for but I'm sure they are useful to others!).
The staff is super friendly. They have a shuttle bus (with about the friendliest driver I've ever met) that will not only shuttle you to the airport, but will take you to the mall area as well.

Pretty good food and wine selection in the hotel - although it is pretty noisy - they keep the tv pretty loud down there.

I will stay here every time that I am in the area for business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our staff. I do feel that we are very fortunate and will share your comments with them!
East coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My dad had a recent procedure at Roanoke Memorial. Shuttle service was amazingly helpful, very pleasant and kind driver. Rooms were large and comfortable. Would be great for an extended stay if you have a family member in the hospital. Would highly recommend. Great value for the experience with the exception of high coffee prices.... should have complimentary coffee service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EastcoastGray
We are sorry that a family illness brought you to us - but are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. For future reference we do offer complimentary coffee during breakfast hours of 6-11 am
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice hotel! It is one of the newest hotels in Roanoke. The room was super clean and nicely appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable! The staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy H
We are the newest hotel in Roanoke and are delighted that you chose to stay with us!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I traveled with kids so the separate living room with an extra tv was helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only negative was the hotel breakfast menu. It was was limited to two hot meals. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PattyJ2007
Auburn, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stopped here on the second leg of our family trip from Maine to Georgia. At first I was worried about the proximity to the hospital and the train tracks, but the rooms must be very sound proof, because we slept wonderfully. We ordered from the room service menu and had one the best meals we had during our vacation. My wife also enjoyed the coffee bar in the hotel as well. Staff was very warm and friendly. This was a great stop at the end of a long day. We will make this a regular when we make this road trip. I only mark it down because of the lack of a complimentary breakfast. It seemed at the price of the room compared with what their competition does for the same rates it should be a given. Otherwise, a wonderful stay and we plan on staying again.

Room Tip: For dinner room service, we highly recommend the baked goat cheese and pesto crostini. Very good foo...