“Very impressive property”

Cambria Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed November 11, 2011

A great new space in a city that needed a new hotel! Loved the location and the FREE underground parking garage was a huge perk on frosty nights.. Bed and bathroom were outstanding. Very stylish furnishings, but sofa was a little too utilitarian and hard surfaced, but club chair was comfortable. The hotel staff aimed to please. Small Gripe: The elevator shafts act as huge exhaust fans for the in-house restaurant--so the food aromas permeated the hallways. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed and happy with my experience. Will definitely stay at Cambria Suites when again in Roanoke!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 7, 2011

On our very first trip to Roanoke, we were delighted with our stay in this beautiful, upscale hotel. The front desk manager and staff were outstanding and exceptionally helpful. We loved all the modern appointments and overall spotlessness. We even enjoyed our shuttle driver, Herbert, who dropped us off at Center in the Square where we enjoyed a delicious dinner. When we were finished, he promptly returned to pick us up! Extraordinary stay all the way around. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smstout19
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This property was exactly as represented on their website. I took photos of my room, but they look the same as those marketed by the hotel. My room was in pristine shape. The bed was comfy. My room was quiet. The appliances (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer) were in good working order and were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the lady at the front desk and the lady housekeeper. I especially enjoyed their workout room. It was very clean and safe. The machines were all in excellent shape, which I don't always find in hotels. My room had a view of the Mill Mountain star, which made me happy. The only negative I found was that the parking spaces in the garage were a bit awkward to fit into; a minor nuisance. Other than that, this was a lovely place and I wish I had a reason to return next weekend.

Room Tip: I got this room via Hotwire as one of their top secret deals. I was absolutely shocked that I got t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NoVaJan
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here as walk-ins with our friends for one night en route Williamsburg. The front desk staff were fantastic and gave us a good discount on the advertised rate. Everything is 'squeaky clean' and the suites are fantastic with very comfortable beds and pillows. The pool and jacuzzi were really nice and there is a good fitness centre. We had 2 rooms on the ground floor but unfortunately ours was next to the jacuzzi room and the pump noise was very noticeable. I complained to reception about it and was told that it was on a timer and would go off about midnight. It didn't! I think there are two levels of re-circulation. We were disturbed a couple of times during the night because of the noise.
There are two free internet computers available in the lobby area which is very spacious and nicely furnished. We will probably not be passing this way again but I can definitely recommend it. Just avoid the room next to the jacuzzi!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed one night during a road trip. Indoor pool is not full size but is nice. Goes to 4.5 ft deep. Jacuzzi was nice.
Fitness center is excellent.
Rooms are really nice, clean, large, comfortable.

The night of our stay 5 or 6 cars were broken in to in the underground parking lot and outdoor lot. Windows were smashed out and items stolen. Across from the train tracks is a bad part of Roanoke.
No security cameras recording any outdoor areas of the hotel. I was given a late check out due to having to file a report the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Mattsec
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Let me count the ways: Very modern and stylish, terrific bed, the best pillows, magnifying mirror in bathroom, night light in bathroom (GREAT idea!), great big shower with place to sit, beautiful view of mountain (with a star on top!), 2 (count them two!) TVs with HBO and Showtime, above average coffee service w/ organic tea, brand new fridge and microwave, free WIFI, a powerful blow dryer (not the dinky kind stuck to the wall), all sparkling clean and new, and top it off with a super friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dreaming
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you so much for your review! How very clever and fun to read!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Cambria Suites in Roanoke for a nearby destination wedding Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and absolutely loved this hotel! We rented two rooms for two nights and would highly recommend it. The lobby is really beautiful with a huge natural stone wall and inviting furniture. My husband and I slept very well on the king bed with a fantastic pillow-top mattress and the most luxurious pillows - I want to buy some of them! Our 15-year-old son was very comfortable on the pull-out couch on the other side of the room divider. Our older daughters were in the room next door and were also impressed with the decor and amenities. Everyone liked the beautiful fixtures in the bathrooms! The wifi worked perfectly, which was important to us. The fitness room was very nice, with a great view of the hot tub and indoor pool where we had a fun family volleyball game. Every single staff member was very courteous and helpful. The manager personally took time to write out excellent directions for us when we had to make a quick trip to Target. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor Members. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return soon.