“Great mexicAN”

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great stop!
The food is very good and there Salsa bar is unique and very enjoyable. They have about10 different Salsa's on the bar and you can help yourself to which ever flavors interest you.
There lunch specials are priced affordable as does the entire menu.
They have a nice big 32 oz draft beer for those hot afternoons!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've only ever been to the downtown location (not the one listed here on Williamson) but this is one of my FAVORITE restaurants in Roanoke. The food is good, but what makes it awesome is the salsa bar. 9-12 different types of salsa that you can go up and fill yourself, mix, whatever. Always full on the salsa before I even get my food.

They make their margaritas strong, and they're right across the street from frozen yogurt. SO really you can't get a better deal. My boyfriend and I go here for every anniversary.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have no idea how this got so high up on the list, maybe we ordered the wrong thing.... The service wasn't an issue, everyone was courteous and quick. The salsa bar was boring to say the least.... The food was not good and even my frozen margarita was bad. The only good thing was my husband bottle of beer... Very disappointed....

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Out geocaching with the husband and the hunger hit. Looked up good Mexican restaurants and found this gem. Would have given a 5 but they are a tad slow. The Tinga is to die for and is a 5+. The salsa bar is fun as well wish tripadvisor had a 4.5 level.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was recently in Roanoke for their annual Marginal Arts Festival, a grand avant romp of experimental performances and collaborations, and I had at least half of my meals and several happy hours (both official and otherwise) at this excellent restaurant. Great prices, extensive menu, lunch and dinner specials and a tap beer in an iced mug the size of a small pitcher, all make this friendly, busy restaurant a regular hangout for artists, students and lots of others who are probably both but no longer self-identified as either. The salsa bar has three hot salsas that are actually hot (unlike here in Minneapolis where ketchup is regarded as spicey). Next time I'm in Roanoke I'll be headquartered here again.