“You can certainly find better Chinese food for the price.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Palace Tanglewood
Ranked #149 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“You can certainly find better Chinese food for the price.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family is a huge fan of Chinese buffets--it was our Sunday after church tradition growing up: cheap chicken smothered in a mystery sauce, veggies cooked to the brink of edible, and fried foods out the wazoo, but somehow it all tasted amazing. When my husband and I stepped into Red Palace, it was the opposite. There is a small selection of old, stale dishes. The fried food all tasted the same as it was piled into one serving dish together. The lo mein even had a distinct cardboard flavor. Though the service was friendly compared to typical buffet style, the food was simple not worth the twenty dollars we spent.

• Visited November 2012

Roanoke, VA
“Typical Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Red Palace offer a fairly typical Chinese Buffet. The food is decent, and probably one of the best Chinese Buffet's in the area. It is fairly expensive, in my opinion, for a buffet. For a family of five, I walk out paying around $65 dollars (with kids 10, 13 and 16) and only one of us having a soda - the other's having waters. For that much, I just prefer not to have to get up and down for my food. They do offer some high end entrees, including a shrimp and vegetables in a light sauce, which is my personal favorite and I certainly attempt to get my money's worth while I'm there.

Visited October 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“GOOD QUALITY”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I visit my family in Roanoke few times a year, and I always go to this restaurant every time I visit. I like the food they serve ( fresh and tasteful).

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Andrew W
Blacksburg, VA
“Got food poisoning here”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

And the kitchen is filthy. I wouldn't (actually, I don't think I can, b/c the thought of the place brings back food poisoning) go back again.

• Visited June 2012
Boones Mill, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GreatestChinese In Roanoke”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I loved everything and disliked nothing. The buffet is great The regular menu is terrific the service and staff are wonderful. I highly recommend the Red Palace.

Visited July 2012