“A gem in Roanoke!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Lantern Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
Black Lantern Inn
You added Black Lantern Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 5 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Canton, CT
“A gem in Roanoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Skyline room was so beautiful and relaxing! My husband and I find that many B&B's and restaurants serve breakfast that is just average, but Ron's was delicious! We will definitely stay here again if our travels take us to Roanoke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I live in Roanoke, so I don't get the luxury of staying in our B&B's, but when it came time to find a place for my bridal party to stay I knew it would be at the Black Lantern. Ron was a perfect host, making us an exquisite breakfast each morning, and allowing us to crank the stereo and rock out to whatever we wanted. It's in a perfect location, is incredibly clean and stylish, and just the best place to stay in this fun city. I will recommend this place again and again- especially to those alternative brides who are looking for something different.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Black Lantern Inn is beautiful and cozy with a lovely host in Ron. I wish I had stayed for more than one night--I need an excuse to go back and read a book in the warm and inviting front room or in a rocker on the front porch. Breakfast, too, was perfect--and the coffee was great! I highly recommend this Inn to anyone and everyone. It was truly a perfect experience. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The Venetian room has a huge bed!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My friend and I met up for the weekend in Roanoke. Boy, am I glad we came across the Black Lantern Inn. While it is located on a semi-busy street, it's not far from the downtown area, rests on the edge of the historic district, and is just a wonderfully restored place. No frou-frou Victorian B&B with cats here - it has a charming mixture of old and new, and the place couldn't be more immaculately kept. Plus, the food was tasty (especially given that I asked for gluten free!), and the owners were just too kind.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank LSlatton
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Sadly we were only passing through Roanoke one night, but we'd have definitely liked to stay at the Black Lantern longer. Not your typical flowery, girly B&B - décor is modern but comfortable. They have clearly put a lot of work and time and their own style into this place. SUPER COMFORTABLE BED AND SHEETS in the upstairs suite. Very clean. Location convenient for stop off of Blue Ridge Parkway, close to highway but we didn't hear a peep of traffic noise. 15min walk to downtown area. Breakfast is filling and tasty without being too unhealthy. We felt welcomed and comfortable and still had plenty of privacy. Would go back in a heartbeat next time we have occasion to be in Roanoke.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ARL2601
Trussville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Black Lantern is a beautiful space with a wonderful host in Ron. I was running late coming into town and he still got up at 11 pm to show me around the space and make sure that I had everything I needed. He made us fantastic breakfasts and was a pleasure to chat with. The rooms are all beautiful and the decor is a great blend of traditional and modern. I would definitely stay there again!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was staying at the Black Lantern with friends for a wedding weekend. Everything about the inn was perfect. Not only is it a beautiful house, but Ron really makes you feel cared for. I felt at home in the room and all of the common spaces. I had some of the best sleep I've ever gotten, and some of the best cookies and breakfast I've ever eaten! Black Lantern would be a place I'd send folks who were interested in opening their own B&B. They could learn from Ron!