“Worth the wait”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Roanoke, Virginia
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hard to find a better burger. Reasonable prices, too. Two recommendations: 1) gear up to process orders as fast as they come out. Too often the order line backs up to the front door. But once the order is placed, they get it out. 2) Get rid of the frozen onion rings and make your own. Everyone is cheerful and helpful.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Danville, Virginia
“Good Burgers, few healthy options”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you want a healthy meal, this is not the place for you. But if you want a delicious burger, these are great! The burger tasted as if it were made of fresh meat. I could have used a bit more seasoning, but all in our party enjoyed their burgers. The onion rings and fries were great, too and they did have a side salad as the only healthy choice I could see on the menu. The restaurant was doing a great business. The seating area is small, possibly as there is limited parking. It seems this would be a great alternative to fast food for a burger to take home.

• Visited July 2012
Albany, New York
“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I ordered some take out as I was traveling alone and passing through Roanoke. Got a double cheeseburger and a hot dog. Both were pretty good and not very expensive at all. For a quickie take out I think this place is just fine.

Visited July 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE BURGERS!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I generally eat my burgers medium well but I do not have to tell them that. They cook them as you like. I absolutely love these real meat burger. They make them to order. The onion rings are delicious. AND THE SWEET TEA is AWESOME! It is because of Burger Square that I no longer eat fast food burgers. I find myself only wanting theirs. And let me say, the staff is really friendly. You can sit in, or call in, or just take out.

Visited June 2012
SW Virginia, United States
“Okay food, decent price”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I had the Bleu burger and my hubby had the BBQ bacon burger with a super dog. All of the food was okay, but nothing super special. I was really looking forward to this place because of all the great reviews, but we were pretty let down by the so-so food. I mean, their food is better than Burger King and fast food, but I've had better burgers at Mac n Bob's in Salem. I think the one thing really lacking in their food was seasoning....it just really had no taste at all. They probably should have had grilled buns or fresher buns too.

This place is great for people watching though ;). The cleanliness left a lot to be desired. The bathroom was rather gross and I set there and watched a worker come "wipe down" the tables by making one pass on either side of the table without looking, and completely missing all of the food left on the table.

Will we go back....probably not, but it wasn't so terrible that we'd refuse to eat there again if someone wanted to.

• Visited May 2012

Been to Burger In the Square? Share your experiences!