“Good food, mediocre ambiance, beer selection lacking” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Fork In The City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We're proud to introduce you to Fork In The City, serving "Citified Fork Fare" in an awesome downtown Roanoke location! Here you can enjoy a warm, cozy environment, an open kitchen highlighting the wood-fired oven, great live music and an enormous draft and bar selection. FITC features outdoor bistro style dining, ample parking, and our popular Bose Touch Tunes Jukebox with even more room for Dancing!Like our sister restaurant Fork In The Alley, FITC is "hard to find but impossible to leave." We're located next to the Jefferson Center, just a few blocks from the YMCA and the Old Southwest Historic Neighborhood.So come find us, and step out of the ordinary and into the Fork!
High Point, North Carolina
“Good food, mediocre ambiance, beer selection lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

The sandwiches we had were amazingly delicious, piled high with good quality meat, however the beer selection and ambiance were less than what we expected. With just a few tweaks this place could be SO MUCH more...

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Richmond, VA
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Several months ago, we stopped by for breakfast and really liked it. Today, after escaping from the power outages in Richmond post Irene, we stopped in here for a low key dinner. Sunday night is $5 off signature pizza, OMG! large pizza for 12.95! There are about 12 to choose from. All sounded great. We ordered the Monaco with grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, onions and 3 types of cheese. YUM!
They also have a great assortment of microbrews.
We love this place of a low-key night out in Roanoke!

• Visited August 2011
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“The Service SUX!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

The restaurant manager at FITC DOESN'T KNOW JACK when it comes to decent restaurant service. The majority of the wait staff at FITC is absolutely abysmal!

I've been to the FITC numerous times since its opening. Unfortunately, they still employ the same slow male waiter they had there when they opened. Evidently, he must be a relative of the restaurant owner or manager. If so, he should be relegated to being a full-time dishwasher.

The only male waiter there that I do get good service from is Jeremy. He at least tries to make an honest effort. Unfortunately, Jeremy usually has to cover for the other doofus that belongs in the back.

The food and beer selections are pretty good at FITC, but I doubt if this place will exist very much longer. Don't be surprised if you find the number unlisted and/or the doors shut in the weeks to come. They barely remain afloat from their evening bar sales.

Locally, the FITC has a well deserved (and accurate) reputation for having very lousy service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank T-Bone_Steaks
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Cool Vibe with lackluster food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

This restaurant is in a neighborhood in transition. With recently renovated buildings across the street turned into trendy downtown condos, this place has seemed to have found a "neighborhood niche". The restaurant was once a dive bar catering to those who were economically disadvantaged and lower paid blue collar types as well as seedier folks. I was pretty impressed with the renovation. The staff was friendly. I really enjoyed the mix of customers. It was something much like you would find at a popular spot in a larger city with different ages, different ethnicities, and all seemed comfortable with one another as it should be. The vibe was quite nice. Now, let's talk food. My friend's burger was, as he put it, nothing special. My hot dog had problems. Either the dog or the chili had a slightly scorched taste. The coleslaw on top was as bad as it gets. It consisted of THICKLY cut cabbage cut into long 4 to 5 inch strips with a non-distinct mayonnaise-type dressing which added absolutely nothing to this hot dog. I took it off. It was just that bad. Little things mean a lot. Salt shakers were only a quarter of the way full. The catsup was empty to the point of having that flatulence sound as it tried to let go of it's last remaining few drops. At first, my drink order was wrong. When corrected, the ice was nearly non-existent. It was a very warm day. I should have been vocal about this but I suppose I was testing our waitress to see if she would notice and offer me more ice. No such luck. Not the most conscientious waitress out there. But I am sure that I must take at least half the responsibility for not speaking up about the lack of ice in my tea. The french fries were tasty but only lukewarm upon arrival to the table. On the plus side, they did have an appetizer with artichokes and spinach which you may spread onto pieces of bread. This was referred to as some sort of bruschetta. The spread itself was very tasty and the bread was perfectly toasted. I was hoping the food matched the atmosphere but alas, it failed to do so. Their other food may be more spectacular than what we had, but I cannot speak to that. So you may want to judge for yourself to be fair. Just steer clear of anything that comes with the dreaded coleslaw. Bon apetite.

Clearwater, Florida
“Nice neighborhood bar, but has no...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

Nice neighborhood bar, but has no connection with the neighbors. Service has been poor and spotty at best, sloppy most times. Food is good, nicely priced with cheap beer to boot. Try it if you have patience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles