Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roanoke, VA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcookiesroom was cleanel rodeohot tubindoor poolthe mexican restaurantking suitefree breakfastchecking inexercise roomwe've stayedhot breakfastnight's sleepyogurtwould stay againgreat room
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Extremely quiet room—never heard a door close, voice in the hall, or vehicle in the parking lot. A spacious entrance and a door that remained open when you pushed it back allowed us to pull our luggage into the room without fancy footwork. The only problem encountered was an out of date the television station list. After a quiet night of sleep, we found a well-stocked breakfast bar with two smiling and fast moving caterers. The hot waffles, hot coffee, and orange juice topped off our Country Inn experience and start a new day. The Country Inn is a blue ribbon inn on the Blue Ridge beltway.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HillTopper79
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed in this hotel over the 4th of July. Everything was fine except the dirty underwear and sweatpants left form previous customers that we found behind the curtains. It took a bit of prodding, but the front desk staff did finally agree to move us to a different room. Apparently they considered the matter closed and failed to have the General Manager contact me after the holiday as I requested. I filled out the e-mailed survey and received this e-mail back.

"We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

I do apologize for not contacting you, however, your message was never referred to me. Since my front desk staff moved accommodated you
with another room, they perhaps thought they had taken care of this incident. They did do the right thing by moving you to another
room.

Once again we do apologize and the incident has been addressed with the appropriate 'housekeeper'.

Please have a good day. "

This is my second favorite Hotel chain and will continue to use them, but I don't think I'll be back to this particular one.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bddfc99
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My wife, I, and another couple stayed at this hotel the night before the NASCAR race in Martinsville. We reserved a room with two beds through the hotel's website weeks in advance. When we arrived at the hotel in the early evening we were given a room with one bed. The hotel was full so we could not get a different room. The two young girls working at the front desk were immature and careless. When we presented our reservation for two rooms, they simply said that they didn't have any.

They offered us a tiny single person cot - we asked for two since it was too small for two individuals. Even though the room was spacious enough, they refused to allow us to put two of the cots in our room because of the fire code. When we asked to speak to a manager, they said that he wasn't here. They did not offer to contact him. No discount on the price was offered to us, even though one of us had to sleep on the floor because of their overbooking.

The front desk workers were completely thoughtless: when I asked, "where should I sleep then?" she responded, "where you sleep is not my business." Of course, I thought that a place to sleep was the only business of a hotel!

The breakfast was unimpressive. Though it was a good selection, it was all cheap and processed.

We had previously enjoyed Country Inn & Suites, thinking that they were a step above Holiday Inn and such. However, the complete lack of customer service that we experienced here has made us rethink this.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ben Z
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We ran into several problems. The bathroom had no toiletries (including hand soap). We called to the front desk three times and left a message once and still never received any! The front desk clerk was absent most of the time. The room was very clean but seriously, if you plan to stay here, please please please bring your own pillows. The pillows ruined the night- they became flat as soon as you laid your head on them...like a deflated tire. None of us slept much because of them and we woke up with stiff necks and headaches. The lack of sleep was also due to a crazy air conditioner that left the room very hot then very cold then very hot. There was no way to regulate the temp. Lastly, breakfast was bad. We were there 30-40 minutes in the breakfast area and most things that were out when we arrived remained out. Such as the omelettes. Sausage was frozen. It was just not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2008

It was recommended that we stay at this hotel by family members who lived in the area. Many of us were here as part of a wedding celebration. Everyone in our group enjoyed the hotel especially its breakfast, the large rooms, comfortable beds and nice pool. When visiting in the future, we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family