“Wonderful overnight here”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed June 13, 2014

7 of my college friends and I stayed overnight here June 1. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly, the rooms clean and attractive - and quiet, and the Mexican restaurant next door enjoyable. Also, they included a full breakfast the next morning which was more than I expected. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: We asked for 2nd floor, on the back, as recommended by someone on TA. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Breakfast was decent. Room was clean but the pool area needed a little work. Staff didn't know much about the area but were polite. It was close to the airport and downtown was not close but it was easy to get to from the hotel. We stayed 4 days with no real complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our recent stay was our first encounter with this brand and I must say both my wife and I were quite impressed. From the warm greeting at check-in to the clean and fresh smelling room, we were quite pleased with our entire experience. The furniture was modern, the flat screen TV worked well and the Ice machine actually provided ice! Another pleasant surprise was the breakfast provided by the hotel the morning of our departure. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, along with a wide assortment of pastries, juices and condiments provided us with the best complementary breakfast we have every had at one of these chain hotels. This was our third attempt at finding a decent chain hotel in Roanoke and I don't think we will need to look any further.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I have stayed here a few times over the years. The rooms are always clean and nice. One of the better indoor swimming pools and hot tubs. Always enjoy the free baked cookies. More than adequate breakfast.

Room Tip: One of the interesting things about this place (and possibly with many hotels in Roanoke) is that th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jdkittrell
Reviewed May 28, 2014

was traveling on I-81 and time to stop for the night.very convenient right off highway. We usually stay at Marriotts but the Fairfield wanted $149. Also stay at Hampton Inns and they were $119. Have stayed at Country Inn and suites and for the most part they are pretty good. front desk was very friendly, breakfast was good and the biggest room and most tables i have ever seen at a hotel that gives free breakfast, great! altho hotel was pretty empty as a great time of yr to travel. beds were verrrry hard tho so tossed and turned all night. girl at front desk said carlson properties are redoing rooms. restaurants not that close and ones listed close at 10 so we didnt have enough time so ate at the Hardees nearby. room was fine but bathroom needs updating, peeling paint and wallpaper and not too nice in the shower.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed there Memorial day weekend. It was great! Everything was clean. Room was very spacious. Would defiantly go back again. Breakfast was very good. Fast internet. Woman at check in desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thecomet89
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here because it was the designated hotel for a business conference I was attending. Although the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, I am not sure if I would stay here again. After entering my room for the first time, there was an incredibly overwhelming smell of funk and smoke. Understanding, all travelers to not have the same hygiene habits, I walked back to the front desk where they promptly gave me another room. I had no further issues with my room. Later that evening, I had a good time with several colleagues in the pool area which was appropriately clean and spacious. Before I decided to lay down, I heard a commotion in the hallway which turned out to be another colleague. I opened the door and he presented to me a towel full of little bugs which appear to be bed-bug likeness. I took many pictures of the bugs for him with my personal camera. Several of my associates left the hotel that night. However, I decided to stay. After a few hours of scratching from nothing other than my own paranoia, I was able to get a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Examine your room from carefully before bring your personal belongs. I know there is an infestation...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business