Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roanoke, VA
$79
$93
$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$93
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$109
$90
HIExpress.com
$119
GardenInn.com
$119
$101
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$109
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$80
$157
$147
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskcookiesroom was cleanel rodeohot tubindoor poolthe mexican restaurantking suitefree breakfastchecking inexercise roomwe've stayedhot breakfastnight's sleepyogurtwould stay againgreat room
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel has been the favorite stop for my mother and me when we make road trips along the east coast. Very clean rooms, convenient location, and the staff remembered us after a year. We go out of our route to get to it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the second floor rooms more than the first floor rooms. (They seemed newer.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff was overall very friendly and helpful, but the property just seemed tired and not up to my expectations based on my stays at other Country Inns.

The hotel was easy to find with plenty of parking. The check-in process went smoothly. Breakfast each morning was very good. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool, though she said the water was very cold.

I was not impressed with the condition of my room. It was barely acceptable to me, and certainly not spotless. I found moldy caulking in the shower, peeling wallpaper, cobwebs on the ceiling, dusty fixtures under the desk, and HVAC filters maxed out with dust and dirt (I found this out later on). Some lights were not plugged in, and power outlets near the nightstand were scarce. We considered leaving, but ultimately decided to stay.

We returned to our room on the second day of our stay to find that the room had not been serviced at all. We left at 10am and returned at 10pm and did not leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door, so of course we expected it to be cleaned. No beds made, no trash emptied, dirty towels everywhere. I called the front desk, and a gentleman delivered us some fresh towels for the morning. The next morning I reported this to the front desk again, along with the cleanliness issues. The staff was helpful and friendly, and they switched rooms for us. The new room was cleaner, but still far from spotless.

I understand that issues do come up from time to time, and I appreciate the staff's help, but overall I was not impressed with this hotel and I am not planning to return.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here in September 2013 for a week. We turned up on a Sunday morning to book in - we were too early to get into a room. The lady (Helen) asked if we'd had breakfast and when we said we hadn't, she told us to help ourselves to the buffet breakfast there. It was l lovely breakfast, very extensive hot and cold selections, waffle maker, toasters, pastries etc. Whilst we were having breakfast, another lady came and told us Helen had arranged for a room to be made ready early for us and we could get into it after we were finished eating.
It was a lovely room, very clean and had sofa, microwave, fridge etc. We were very comfortable there and all the staff were so lovely and friendly - especially Helen.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on 3rd floor at the front of the hotel, opposite the lift and we weren't disturbed at all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmmw
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Roanoke in June of 2013. We stick to Country Inn & Suites due to points and were not impressed with this one. It was just ok. Breakfast was superb as expected. We were not recognized as Club carlson members and the room cards stopped working twice. Pool was not very clear and hot tub was not very hot. I hope they have fixed those situations by now. There was ome sort of reunion and there was no room to sit at breakfast. Steff was friendly enough with dires=ctions and such.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We checked in and were initially really pleased with our choice, it seemed like a lovely hotel and David the guy on reception, was really helpful. During the night I woke up and felt really itchy I'd been bitten by insects and couldnt get back to sleep, then I felt something move on my face.

I thought it might be a spider so went to brush it off but it was bug like. I dashed to the bathroom and turned the light on and what I held looked like a little bug. I'd never seen a bed bug in real life but I'd seen pictures. I threw it into the sink and squashed it, it was full of my blood!

I went back to the bedroom and turned the light on there were another 2 bugs easily findable in the sheets (also threw into the sink).

My bug hunting woke up my husband who then also was hunting, we found another 2 bugs then decided it was too horrible and after killing them in the sink we both took a shower feeling complely grossed out.

When we went downstairs the lady on the front desk was really rude. She said that they don't have problems like this and IF there were bugs they were probably brought in by foreign guests....

She said that their normal process was to fumigate the room and the two rooms either side and that she wouldn't be giving us a refund as we'd booked through Hotels.com so we had to take it up with them.

She finally seemed to notice my accent and asked where I was from. When I said I was British, instead of apologizing for her earlier remark she said we may have brought the bed bugs with us!!!!

Naturally I got quite upset with this and said I found her remark both inappropriate and offensive.

Both myself and my husband had bites all over our bodies (in the end I counted 32 bites) and I pointed out we were on our 3rd hotel of the trip and had had no problems at any of the other hotels.

She apologized but still offered no assistance.

As we said we didn't want to go back to a room that was infested with bugs did they have another room, she offered the room next door.

I refused that room as she'd already explained (via their fumigation process) that that was also likely to contain bugs. This elicited the response that she didn't want us to spread the bugs to other rooms.

She provided the worst most offensive customer service I have ever experienced in an American hotel chain.

As we couldn't get another room we ended up leaving the hotel in the very early hours and driving while tired.

I tend to react to insect bites so was lucky enough to have a small tube of bite cream. Once the Pharmacies were likely to be open we stopped off and bought extra supplies (allergy tablets more cream etc).

We also called the hotel and spoke to the general manager Lisa. She was very courteous and apologized for events that had happened and explained that an investigation was already underway and that the hotel had refunded our stay to Hotels.com (and what to do next).

She said to let her know if we had any problems with the refund and she'd do her best to help.

Later in the day she called back (as promised) and confirmed the room had indeed had bed bugs and it was being treated (as were others as a precaution).

Lisa was a credit to the hotel and I have every faith that she will retrain the overnight clerk so no one else has to face the sort of service we received.

All in all had it not been for the bedbugs and how we were treated by the overnight clerk this hotel would probably have been a 4 or 5 rating (those kind of bugs can happen anywhere).

I have no doubt that Lisa will ensure that the higher reviews continue to flow and that this will become a blip on their otherwise excellent record.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank NicolaWhit
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roanoke, VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear NicolaWhit,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.