All reviewsseparate showerwaffle houseroom was cleanhuge bathroomking size bedcouple of nightsmicrowave and refrigeratorthe staff was friendly and helpfuloutdoor poolan overnight stayone night staytubhighwaypetprosconsfi
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Tried several Hilton properties in the Roanoke area, but this was the only one that fit my business allowance for this trip. The hotel is very close to Roanoke airport and sits back off a main road, even with GPS I had trouble finding, so pay close attention to directions. Most anything you'll want to do will require a drive. I'm almost certain this property was another brand hotel or a private label that was purchased and rebranded. All room entrances are outdoors, like a Red Roof or Motel 6. The property has two floors and only has stairs to get to the second level. The rooms are OK, nothing really stands out positive or negative. The lobby is quite nice and served a very nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We have stayed in perhaps two dozen Hampton Inns, and this hotel had the biggest room by that we have stayed in at this chain. We booked from Hampton's website, and didn't check it very carefully, so were surprised to find the exterior corridors, which are not typical. But the room was good, a good Mexican restaurant is within walking distance, and the price was fine. Not bad for one night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The staff was wonderful! The hotel is nice and the only issue was my friend's room had a terrible mold smell. However, the rooms are huge and the bathrooms are huge too. Loved having a fridge/freezer and microwave in my room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I would not have booked a stay at this property if I had known it had outside corridors (I was in a hurry to book and didn't checkTrip Advisor FIRST. Lesson learned.). However, you're obviously smarter than I am and since you are reading this, now you know it - respond appropriately.

Should you choose to stay here, be advised that my room was functional and clean enough, but there are no "style points" being awarded. The furniture is mostly laminate and the bathroom sink is located outside the small room where the toilet and shower are located (it reminded me of a Red Roof Inn's layout). The towels are pretty skimpy, but the bed was comfortable enough and the bed linens were the familiar Hampton ones. A "plus" was the cabinet next to the vanity that contained a microwave and a mini-fridge with a generously-sized freezer that actually kept my single-serve ice cream solid over night. The breakfast was everything you'd expect from a Hampton and the clerk at check-in was marvelously friendly and ebullient, even though it was close to midnight.

Because I am a solo female business traveler, I would prefer to stay in a Hilton property (I'm heavily loyal) that has interior corridors - like the OTHER Hampton in town. If you are likewise inclined, that Hampton is located on Plantation Road on the north side of Roanoke. It is probably 15 minutes or less from the airport and worth the drive. When I passed it on this latest trip, the marquee out front announced that it had recently been renovated.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a good place to stay. It has a close proximity to the airport, but not too close. The rooms are fairly quiet and there is very little "road or airplane noise." The room I stayed in was very large. They have nice flat screen Television sets. Apparently though they haven't installed their "famous" cloud mattress in this particular room yet, I found it a little hard for my taste. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business