“Biggest Rooms We Have Ever Seen at a Hampton”
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Motel 6 Roanoke
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Biggest Rooms We Have Ever Seen at a Hampton”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We have stayed in perhaps two dozen Hampton Inns, and this hotel had the biggest room by that we have stayed in at this chain. We booked from Hampton's website, and didn't check it very carefully, so were surprised to find the exterior corridors, which are not typical. But the room was good, a good Mexican restaurant is within walking distance, and the price was fine. Not bad for one night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
maryland
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The staff was wonderful! The hotel is nice and the only issue was my friend's room had a terrible mold smell. However, the rooms are huge and the bathrooms are huge too. Loved having a fridge/freezer and microwave in my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I would not have booked a stay at this property if I had known it had outside corridors (I was in a hurry to book and didn't checkTrip Advisor FIRST. Lesson learned.). However, you're obviously smarter than I am and since you are reading this, now you know it - respond appropriately.

Should you choose to stay here, be advised that my room was functional and clean enough, but there are no "style points" being awarded. The furniture is mostly laminate and the bathroom sink is located outside the small room where the toilet and shower are located (it reminded me of a Red Roof Inn's layout). The towels are pretty skimpy, but the bed was comfortable enough and the bed linens were the familiar Hampton ones. A "plus" was the cabinet next to the vanity that contained a microwave and a mini-fridge with a generously-sized freezer that actually kept my single-serve ice cream solid over night. The breakfast was everything you'd expect from a Hampton and the clerk at check-in was marvelously friendly and ebullient, even though it was close to midnight.

Because I am a solo female business traveler, I would prefer to stay in a Hilton property (I'm heavily loyal) that has interior corridors - like the OTHER Hampton in town. If you are likewise inclined, that Hampton is located on Plantation Road on the north side of Roanoke. It is probably 15 minutes or less from the airport and worth the drive. When I passed it on this latest trip, the marquee out front announced that it had recently been renovated.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a good place to stay. It has a close proximity to the airport, but not too close. The rooms are fairly quiet and there is very little "road or airplane noise." The room I stayed in was very large. They have nice flat screen Television sets. Apparently though they haven't installed their "famous" cloud mattress in this particular room yet, I found it a little hard for my taste. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2009

As with the other reviewers this is my experience of my stay:

Pros:

Check-in was fast & efficient
Was given a room on the 1st floor
Breakfast was suitable for a regular morning
Proximity to airport
Waffle House is only a 3 min walk.
Only 5 minute drive to Valley View Mall (big mall with lots of adjoining restaurants)
Only a 5 to 10 minute drive to Roanoke Civic Center
Only a 5 minute drive to Interstate 81 North of South

Cons:

All rooms are exterior (all rooms are outside)
All rooms on 1st floor will lead you directly into the parking lot
There are a number of trucks that go in and out, but i didn't really notice the noise

Would stay here again though since the price was very good.

• Liked — Proximity to Airport & Interstate
  • Disliked — Outside Rooms that lead into Parking lot
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 26, 2008

When I first saw the hotel I was a little worried about the quality. The hotel has outside entrances to the rooms. So, my immediate thought was "Oh, no, it's like a motel."
Well, I was pleasantly surprised at how well their renovations were. Besides having to carry luggage upstairs (There's no elevator.), I was happy with the room. I'm not sure how long ago the renovations were done; but I was not disappointed. The room did have a little bit of ware on it; but not so much that I was not happy.
The room had the new bedding and linens. It also had a nice flat screen TV, refrigerator, and a microwave.
The vanity was a little small in order to make room for the fridge; but I had plenty of room for my things.
If you are looking for brand new accommodations, then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a good place to stay that has everything you need and a good price, then this is the place.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Summerstime1234
Richmond
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed here 2 nights for business. I was unaware that it was more of a motor lodge with my entrance leading directly into the parking lot. There were 2 large spiders in the sink, and gnats everywhere.
When taking a shower, could only get a tepid temperature at best.
The mattress was very uncomfortable and also had to deal with noisy surroundings.
A tractor trailer cab was parked directly outside of my room with the engine running and I had to call the front desk since it was around 10:30 at night. The driver eventually left.
Breakfast bar was average.
Front desk staff was very nice and speed of check in and check out was very speedy.
Did not feel secure since I was on the first floor, and door did not swing automatically shut. I was also told by a co-worker from that area that this motel was situated very close to a questionable neighborhood.

• Liked — convenience to business site
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
Colony House Motor Lodge
#23 of 40 in Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!