All reviewsseparate showerwaffle houseroom was cleanhuge bathroomking size bedcouple of nightsmicrowave and refrigeratorthe staff was friendly and helpfuloutdoor poolan overnight stayone night staytubhighwaypetprosconsfi
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Spent the night at this motel, I picked it because they are dog friendly. Too bad they weren't more human friendly. Check in went fine; the staff was friendly enough, although not very helpful with where to eat. All that was suggested was the Waffle House or the Mexican place at the bottom of the hill. Got to the room and it met the definition - 4 walls and a cieling. The door didn't fit very well which created a drafty, wind whistling noise most of the night. The bathroom was in dire need of updating as was the rest of the furnishings in the room. The floor lamp didn't work, I assumed a lightbulb so I asked at the desk for a replacment. I was told the maintanence man would be in in the morning and fix the light. They didn't have access to his supplies so couldn't offer me a replacment bulb. I mentioned that we were only staying the night and that I didn't care if the light was fixed tomorrow. Sorry was all they could muster. The kingsize bed felt as if a 750 pound person had spent most of their life in the center. My wife and I spent the night in a forced cuddle, not a bad thing but sometimes you need space. That and the relationship to the airport, highway and drafty door led to a fitfull night. Coffee the next day was free. All in all for $52 it was a room!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 154
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last night, and for the price, it's a great deal! I'm sticking with motel 6 from now on, it's cheap yet clean & comfortable. Check-in & check-out was easy...friendly staff. Microwave & fridge included.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I know you get what you pay for especially on the budget side of travel, which this clearly falls into, but the Motel 6 Roanoke on Thirlane Rd, is NOT AS ADVERTISED. The photos make this property look better than it really is. It's time for this franchisee to decide whether they really want to be in the hospitality business or not.

Before I get to the bad and the ugly, here's a little good: The two people who checked us in at night were very nice and helpful and very eager with the doggie treats for my daughter's dog. They apologized that all that was left was a smoking room, which when combined with a Virginia Tech game, and the fact we were in Tobacco country, were par for the course.

It was when we finally went into the room that things got bad. Closing the curtains brought out the appearance of what possibly could be blood or some other bodily fluid. The beds were vintage 1990s quality, and showed wear and tear on at least three sides. Pulling back the again 1990s bed spread yielded sheets that looked that someone else had slept in it the night before. Flecks of hair, and dusty particles were all over the mattress. Rust was part of the bathtub with poorly grouted flooring helping to add to the overall dinginess of the room.

The table worked as designed but the mismatched chairs, complete with torn seat fabric were also a nice added touch.

Coffee in the morning was as expected, except for the fact there was no alternative sweeteners. Diabetics beware! Sure, Americans are more plump than usual but with diabetes running rampant, it should be one of the basics that a hotel should stock without even a second thought.

Overall, the room, and the hotel that surrounds it are completely tired, as though the owners have just decided to give up.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2017

First off--what a lovely efficient staff. The respectful woman checking me in was fast and courteous even though there were 2 people behind me. My room was a pleasant surprise--huge, nice linoleum, updated. Sheets were the higher thread count. In the morning I lost my glasses. i did not tell anyone as they were readers from Walmart, somehow they figured out it was me and called me on the phone! I was 30 miles away-kept going but that shows me what a great staff and management they have. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We spent a couple of nights in Roanoke at Motel6.The room was clean ,the staff friendly,but the bed was not comfortable.It is located next to a major highway which was very convenient and there are a couple of restaurants in walking distance.The room had a microwave and refrigerator .It was what I expected for the price and I woukd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017