“Average hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Motel 6 Roanoke
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel was not that easy to find, even though it was close to the interstate. Thank goodness for GPS. Hotel is dated and although the rooms were clean, it could use a little updating. If I had to stay in this area again, I would select another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you Joseph for staying with us and I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not a very good one. Please feel free to contact us when in the area again and we would be more than happy to help you find lodging in the area.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Hotel has some updates but really paying $90+ for this hotel is way to much. Maybe $79.00 would be fair. The staff at the hotel are nice folks and made the stay bearable. This seemed more like an old Holiday Inn instead of what I expect from a Hilton branded hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa A, Assistant General Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for chosing our hotel while in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that you did receive our friendly service. If ever in the area again please feel free to call on us for your lodging needs.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very satisfied with this Hampton location. Staff was very friendly and we received our Diamond upgrade to their VIP suite. Close proximity to highway which was great for an quick overnight stop on our overall trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Good Morning, It was our pleasure to upgrade you to one of our suites. I am glad to see that our staff was very nice to you. Come back and see us if in the Roanoke area again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great welcome experience, my flight was delayed for the thanksgiving holiday. The staff was empathetic and demonstrated a genuine concern and ensured that I was taken care of in all manners. There is no question that I will always choose Hampton Inn when staying in Roanoke.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Morning, I am very sorry that your flight was delayed but very glad our staff was here to help. We appreciate the kind words and hope if you are in the Roanoke area again you stay with us. Hope your travels was good to your next destination and have a good day

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've long liked Hampton Inns, and this one certainly met my expectations. I ended up having to leave a day early because of a forecast for bad winter weather, but the room was very nice. The staff was very understanding when I explained why I was leaving early.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Morning, I am very happy that your stay with us was a good one. I am sorry to see that you had to depart early but hope all was well with your travel during the bad weather. If you are ever in the Roanoke area and need help with lodging please feel free to call on us and we will help you in any way we can.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My stay here was pleasant and I would definitely book this hotel again. The room was in perfect condition and fairly large for a Hampton Inn. There were two sinks and a separate shower and tub. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly. The property is not far off of Interstate 81, and it was easy to find using the Roanoke Airport as a landmark. It’s about 35 minutes ride from here to Va. Tech. As others have stated, it is an older design with the room door opening to the outside rather than an internal hallway. Considering the above average room size and the hotel's rate, it wasn't a negative factor for me.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second story. If stairs are a problem, you need to be aware of this.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for feedback on your stay. I am very glad to see that it was a positive stay. I hope that your travels to your next destination was good as well.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My family spent a couple of nights recently at this Hampton Inn and I only have good things
to say about it. The room was fresh and nice, the beds were comfortable, the internet
service was fast and the breakfast buffet was first class. I would highly recommend this
property -- it is price competitive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Melissa A, Assistant General Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good Morning, I am very glad to see that your stay with us was a good one. We really appreciate you choosing our facility for your lodging needs. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to call on us and we will be glad to assist you in any way we can.