“Roanoke Overnight Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
North Richland Hills, United States
“Roanoke Overnight Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very satisfied with this Hampton location. Staff was very friendly and we received our Diamond upgrade to their VIP suite. Close proximity to highway which was great for an quick overnight stop on our overall trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good Morning, It was our pleasure to upgrade you to one of our suites. I am glad to see that our staff was very nice to you. Come back and see us if in the Roanoke area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fairfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great welcome experience, my flight was delayed for the thanksgiving holiday. The staff was empathetic and demonstrated a genuine concern and ensured that I was taken care of in all manners. There is no question that I will always choose Hampton Inn when staying in Roanoke.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good Morning, I am very sorry that your flight was delayed but very glad our staff was here to help. We appreciate the kind words and hope if you are in the Roanoke area again you stay with us. Hope your travels was good to your next destination and have a good day
Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've long liked Hampton Inns, and this one certainly met my expectations. I ended up having to leave a day early because of a forecast for bad winter weather, but the room was very nice. The staff was very understanding when I explained why I was leaving early.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good Morning, I am very happy that your stay with us was a good one. I am sorry to see that you had to depart early but hope all was well with your travel during the bad weather. If you are ever in the Roanoke area and need help with lodging please feel free to call on us and we will help you in any way we can.
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My stay here was pleasant and I would definitely book this hotel again. The room was in perfect condition and fairly large for a Hampton Inn. There were two sinks and a separate shower and tub. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly. The property is not far off of Interstate 81, and it was easy to find using the Roanoke Airport as a landmark. It’s about 35 minutes ride from here to Va. Tech. As others have stated, it is an older design with the room door opening to the outside rather than an internal hallway. Considering the above average room size and the hotel's rate, it wasn't a negative factor for me.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second story. If stairs are a problem, you need to be aware of this.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Melissa A, AGM at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for feedback on your stay. I am very glad to see that it was a positive stay. I hope that your travels to your next destination was good as well.
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My family spent a couple of nights recently at this Hampton Inn and I only have good things
to say about it. The room was fresh and nice, the beds were comfortable, the internet
service was fast and the breakfast buffet was first class. I would highly recommend this
property -- it is price competitive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Melissa A, Assistant General Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Morning, I am very glad to see that your stay with us was a good one. We really appreciate you choosing our facility for your lodging needs. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to call on us and we will be glad to assist you in any way we can.
Milford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel was well located but the rooms were old. We love the Hampton brand but this one was a disappointment. I understand they are building a new one and this will be a Motel 6 or something . . . .won't go back.

Room Tip: don't think there is one . . .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Good Morning, I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay here with us. I do hope that our stay gave you the friendly service and the clean rooms as you are acustomed to with Hampton.
Culpeper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Easy to get to right off I-81 and I-581. Our room was large, they offer free internet, the bathroom had two sinks and a separate tub and shower. We use Hilton Honors points so we considered this a good value. We were attending a football game at Virginia Tech and found this to be a nice choice. The only thing that I did not like was the quality of the breakfast foods that were offered. It was nice to get a complimentary copy of the Roanoke Times on Saturday morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Good Afternoon, I would like to thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn while staying in the Roanoke area. I am very glad to see that we did stand behind our guarantee and give you a clean and comfortable stay while you were with us. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to contact us for your lodging needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport
Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!