“Near Roanoke Airport but off the beaten path”
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Motel 6 Roanoke
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights at this hotel. Chose it because of the room rates and the Hilton chain. This property is near the airport and the highway but not much else. There's a good Mexican restaurant next door and a Waffle House across the street. Typical Hampton Inn complimentary breakfast. Housekeeping did a good job each day - clean room with no complaints. If you need nearby attractions like malls and stores, you'll travel 5-10 minutes to get there. I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank cpt-b-disasterman
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Good Afternoon and thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport and I am glad to see that we provided you with Friendly service and clean rooms. If you are ever in the Roanoke area again and need help with your stay please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you in any way we can.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Roanoke

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This Hampton seemed a bit outdated compared to other Hampton Inn's I have stayed at. The room didn't smell "fresh," and the carpet/furnishing were outdated. The air conditioner continued to turn on and off all night long. The General Manager also refused to stand behind Hampton's 100% Guarantee. I would definitely stay at Hampton Inns again, but would think twice before staying at this particular location.

Good Afternoon
I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay here at Hampton and while you were staying with us if you would of contacted the front desk we would of been more than happy to get someone to check the a/c unit or moved you to another room. In your email you did not mention any of the issue other than the power outage to the GM of the hotel. I am once again very sorry for the power outage but it was nothing that the hotel did that caused the outage. Thank you for response and I hope you had a safe trip to your destination and have a blessed day.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This property is "trying" to be a mid-level property, but it just isn't working from location to amenities, to staff to facilities. While I tend to always try to be loyal to Hilton properties where I go, if I go back to Roanoke, and have limits per my business on a price point, I will be considering non-Hilton properties.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Good Morning and I hope you are having a great day so far. I just received your concerns with our property and I am very sorry that you feel our hotel is not up to the standards of Hampton. I wish you would of contacted us at the desk after your first night with us and I would of been more than happy to find you lodging in the area.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The rooms are very generous in size. That's the best I can say. The room was quite dirty. We informed the front desk that my wife unpacked a new set of bedroom slippers and they were quite dirty after the first evening. They did not advise us if any action taken to clean. They did repair the air conditioner so that it did not rattle. The most disappointing action was when a semi tractor pulled in front of our room, backed into two parking spaces and remaining idling for several minutes. We asked the front desk if it could be moved to the rear parking lot and they said they wouldn't ask that it be moved. We suffered through the next two evenings and three mornings to the roar of a diesel engine putting us to bed and awakening us. If you like powdered eggs and run of the mill food you'll enjoy the breakfast. I had to get something on the way to my meeting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from I-581. There is considerable road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Good Evening , I do apologize that our property was not up to your expectations. As with all of our valued guests our #1 priority is to always try and make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one and I apologize that did not happen during your time with us. I do hope you had safe travels to your next destination and wish you a good day. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you to the best of my ability and Thank You once again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Not much to say. The hotel must be old as it still has outdoor entrances but the rooms look and feel like any other newer Hampton. Very clean with new stuff, other than the big window looking into the parking lot you wouldn't really know the difference.

The staff was VERY friendly, I wish I remembered her name because she was wonderful. The location was fine, easy on, easy off.

I liked it and for the price it was well worth it.

Room Tip: maybe the top floor, that way there are no lights shining into your room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Good Morning and I would like to thank you for choosing our Hampton while in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that we supplied you with very friendly service and a clean room. Hope to see you again when and if you are ever in the Roanoke Area again. Once again thank you and hope your travels was good as well.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

we have stayed here numerous times when traveling through. the value and convenience make it ideal for us. for an older hampton, it is kept in excellent condition and it appears that there is pride by the staff in the facility

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Good Morning it was a pleasure to have you back at our property. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you as our valued guest and made your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property when you are back in the Roanoke area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This property is obviously an older one, but it seems like they are doing their best to keep it up to modern standards. The staff was insanely pleasant and nice!! Check in and check out was efficient, the room was clean, the bed was comfy, and they had Froot Loops at breakfast :) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Good Afternoon and Thank You for letting us know of how your stay went while you were in the Roanoke area. We are pleased to know that we kept our promise to you and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to getting the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel property when and if your travels bring you into the Roanoke area again. Have a Great Day and safe travels to your next destination.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
Sleep Inn Tanglewood
Sleep Inn Tanglewood
#21 of 40 in Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!