“Great Staff, Very Friendly, all you need”
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Motel 6 Roanoke
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
“Great Staff, Very Friendly, all you need”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night and had an excellent stay. The breakfast had everything we would want and the staff worked hard to make sure it was always fully stocked. It seemed like everyone in the hotel went to breakfast at the same time as us. It was no problem for the attentive breakfast staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Checkin and checkout couldn't have been any faster. At Checkin the desk clerk made sure we had some dinner suggestions providing us with a list of restaurants and their phone numbers. We would definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I flew into Roanoke for two days and stayed here since I am a Hampton Inn card member.
They have shuttles to pick you up for the airport but because I had a late flight, they said that they were unable to come pick me up and they would not reimburse me for my taxi fare (which some hotels will do when they offer shuttle services and then are not able to come and get you).
I took a taxi from the airport but the driver only accepted cash. I went into the lobby to get cash but there was no ATM and the person at the desk suggested I do to the Best Western next door to use theirs! lol. What could I do? I had the taxi take me to the hotel next door to use their ATM! If I hadn't already paid for my two nights with my hotel points, I would have just had the driver drop me off at the Best Western and stayed there.
After I was returned to the Hampton Inn, everything else was fine. My room was nice and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very good. And the day I had to fly out, the shuttle driver was very polite and personable. A good hotel for a quick business trip but I would recommend having a rental car or be ready to shell out for taxi's, since the location is not within walking distance of anything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank You for your posting during your stay with us. I am sorry if we did not have all the amenities such as the ATM that you would have expected during your stay, but we are glad to see that the rest of your stay lived up to yoru expectations.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I were on a ten day motorcycle trip - this was the third night, it had started raining in the afternoon so the hotel was a welcome sight. The previous night we had an unfortunate hotel experience that left us ready for a good night's sleep and we found it here. We used the pool and the whirlpool - very relaxing after a day of riding through fog and rain. The front desk was very helpful in helping us find a resturaunt that was still open and delivered. It was only pizza but it was very good pizza and we didn't have to get back on the bike to go out to get it! When you travel on a motorcycle it is imperative that you pack light, the in house laundry allowed us to return all of our clothes to clean and fresh. We had no problems with the machines or the heat level in the dryers. The room itself was clean, as was the bathroom. The wifi worked well. All in all it was a great stay, if they could only have turned off the rain before we left!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wings1047
york, pa
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff was very pleasant and helpful and not rude. We were in town looking for a room and checked at the Holiday Inn first, but the desk clerk was very rude, acting like I wasn't good enough to stay at her hotel, so we kept looking. I am glad we kept looking because we were able to find a better hotel with staff that treated us great. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave, which is always a plus. I didn't hear any highway noise, and I was on the 2nd floor facing the highway. The view from our room was the Blue Ridge Mountains, which was a definite plus. Without hesitation, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kkitt
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff were very friendly and personable. Breakfast was a good average but we had to wait for a table as there are only a few.

The pool looked a bit dirty but that may had actually been the age of it. There weren't enough towels for our family by the pool, which was odd as it was August and I think we were the only ones using it.

The place is more like a cheap motel than a Hampton Inn. Everything was dated. You park right outside your door and the fluorescent light shines into your room. The worst part was the air conditioner. It was so loud that it kept waking us up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a horrible night at the hotel across the street. Much better experience all was as expected, but not the quality of some of the other Hamptons I have stayed at. This is the best hotel in this area. Better hotels can be had at the next exit down near the airport.

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As my wife so eloquently put it, it was "the most motel-ish Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in". And we've stayed in quite a few.

Pulling in to this one's parking lot you are immediately struck by the worn out, used-to-be look of the place. But checking in was pleasant enough with the lobby and the breakfast area kept to the standards of the best Hampton Inns.

The room location was ground level with an outside entrance allowing us to park directly in front of our room being ideal so not to have to tote up stairs the massive amount of luggage my wife packed. (Just kidding honey)

Stepping into the room, though, things began to drift downhill. A damp, moldy odor lingered as the air conditioner pumped a full force arctic wind throughout the room. The carpet had an edge of dampness to it as if it was cleaned just minutes before our arrival.

The room itself was very spacious with a large clean, well cared for bathroom including both a tub shower and a stand up shower. The king size bed was firm and spacious. Unfortunately you could hear the highway traffic roaring during the night, but I was so tired it didn't bother me that much.

Breakfast the next morning was very good being handled by a nice upbeat staff and the motel is within mere minutes of downtown. But the bottom line is I would rather be further away from downtown in a nicer place... but if every nice place in town was sold out I guess I would stay there again.

Maybe....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
Colony House Motor Lodge
#23 of 40 in Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!