All reviews waffle house room was clean king size bed couple of nights microwave and refrigerator the staff was friendly and helpful outdoor pool an overnight stay tub highway pet pros cons fi dryer properties
Reviewed July 17, 2012

As a Hilton Diamonds member, I have become quite accustomed to the policies of the Hampton Inn as htis is the primary brand I stay at regularly for business. This hotel is by no means is up to the Hampton Inn standards. The staff is VERY rude, both on the phone and when I arrived in person. The hotel is outdated, the sheets are disgustingly used and I felt as if I were staying at a Motel 6 in Harlem. Absolutely horrible, normally I would ask for the 100% guarantee, so that I would not have to pay a dime... However I decided to save myself the aggravation of speaking to the utterly wretched staff on the phone again, as a simple request for more towels resulted in opposition, attitude, and unprofessionalism. I would rather sleep in my economy rental next time in the middle of the airport runway then step foot on this property and give them another dime. My advice to anyone who may be considering staying here: STEER CLEAR LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BizTravlinMan
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very clean and responsive staff that cares.

Three new pack n plays as of June 2012. Two clean high chairs available for breakfast.

Refrigerator/freezer in room.

Breakfast had hot items of eggs, sausage, sausage gravy and bicquits, Also had yogurt. fruit cereal, bagels, muffins etc. Excellent coffee.

Outdoor pool with wide steps so young children could sit on steps and play.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We broke up an eight hour road trip from Washington D.C. to South Carolina by pulling off the highway and staying at this motel.

What We Liked:
--It is conveniently located right off the highway.
--The room was very large and there were two showers and two sink areas.
--Free breakfast.
--The folks behind the desk and in the breakfast area were very helpful and friendly.

What We Didn't Like:
--The sheets were pretty worn.
--You may get a a non-smoking room, but there were a few smokers smoking on the walkway outside their rooms. Because it is a motel, our room was exposed to this and our room smelled like cigarette smoke.

Overall, I recommend this Hampton Inn because it was clean, convenient, and it was a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisacco17
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I ended up staying at this hotel because my flight was cancelled and my ride from Blacksburg, VA had already left. The hotel was clean and the people were nice enough but there was nothing special about it. Most hotels I've stayed at have some little POP or something that makes them unique but this hotel was pretty blah. I just needed a bed for one night though so it worked.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This property is a bit older with exterior entrances to rooms, but the premises are well maintained. The room was clean and bedding was up to current Hampton standards. We were looking for something convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway ... not sure this really fit that bill, but the maps and guides related to the BRP are not the most informative. The stay was fine and breakfast was up to, if not perhaps better than, typical Hampton standards.

Room Tip: Be aware that all rooms have exterior entrances. Close to lobby seems better to me than something on one extreme end or the other - fairly long property.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple