“Average room and hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81

Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for the tech game and thought we would give this place a try. First impression was not horrible, but the longer we were in the room the worse it was.

The positives first...this place has a good nightly rate and each room has a fridge and microwave.

Now the negatives...the bathroom was dirty when we checked in (dried urine on the toilet and hairs on the floor). The toilet set is cracked so you get pinched if you shift your weight at all. The bathroom linens look very old and are crusty.

At night the heater in the room rattles when it is on and you can hear the base from the attached bar at all hours of the night (after 1:30 the first night). The bed is pretty hard and the bed linens made us a little nervous.

The walls in the hotel are extremely thin and you can hear the people in the next room, and not the biggest deal, but the tv is really old and doesn't work very well.

Won't ever stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

You will get as much sleep just pulling over in your car and snoozing than at this noisy hotel. I was awaken every 2-3 hours for some reason or another. Despite the pristine cleanliness and friendliness of the housekeeping staff, there are too many flaws to overlook.

Pros: Good Housekeeping Staff.

Cons: Running toilets in adjacent rooms, motors running all night, thin walls, slamming doors, awful breakfast, did not accommodate my handicapped grandmother despite requests made at booking, refused to give Wyndham points.

Overall: Just pony up to stay at the Garden Inn or Fairfield Inn. Any amount of money paid to stay here is a complete waste.

Room Tip: Maybe if you get one that has inside access it would be better than the motel style rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flyersfan252
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have stayed on at the Air Port Exit on Interstate 81, several times now. We have always been treated with respect. The employees are always very helpful and ready to help you in anyway. The breakfast is outstanding. We will be staying ther again next year. We always stay at the Days Inn when we travel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn6961, Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services provide to you