WINNER WONDERLAND

“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81

Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orleans
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were very unhappy with the service we received at this location. As we were getting ready to go to bed, we pulled down the covers and were shocked to see a wet spot about 4 inches square on the left side of the bed. I went to the front desk to complain, he offered to have the bed redone or move us to another room. We opted for a different room not knowing what else may not have be cleaned properly in the room. The next morning as we were checking out we asked if a discount for the inconvenience would be offered as this was totally unacceptable, the response was she would have to check with the manager. The final response from the manager was that they changed rooms for us and no other discount would be coming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Roanoke
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked room online for 21 December. However, somehow a mistake was made and the date was reserved for 31 Dec. Upon arrival, front desk clerk informed me that the manager would need to approve the request to waive the cancellation fee. However, she refused to call him stating "I can't call him for every little thing". I was forced to pay for two full night for one nights stay.

She actually offered me an extra coffee packet for my troubles.....PATHETIC. I will never stay again as I am a government employee and on the road many days a year.

JIm Swayze
[--]

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

daysinn6961, Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
if person make mistake making reservation and did not even stay at property then how can they rating on property. please take this review off from my property. we always help people with reservation but if they booked online or third party reservation, we can not help with those reservation. they can not blame hotel for this.

Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were passing through the Roanoke area on Thanksgiving eve on our way to FL and we needed a place to stay. We went on Hotels.com and were able to book a room at the Days Inn at the last minute. The good: room was inexpensive and clean, beds comfy, good location -easy on and off the highway and plenty of food places around. The bad, the room wasn't perfect- little things needed fixing, like the toilet and the hotel is a bit noisy. You can hear hall traffic and activity in the rooms next door. Also the free breakfast is terrible, don't even waste your time.

All in all, it is good for an overnight stay- nothing more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family