“very good hotel,this review is helpful”

Days Inn Roanoke Near I-81
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Memphis, New York
“very good hotel,this review is helpful”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

i was traveling with my family for 4th july weekend. we decide to stay at this daysinn. we saw the lobby and very impress with hotel. rooms were very nice and clean. they have bar.wich i like it. staff was very helpfull and breakfast was very good. my kids likes hot breakfast.
my stay was very good.very good value for money.

Room Tip: family trip to visit my parents
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank natver619

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Oneida, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at this Days Inn on our way to Tennessee and found it to be exactly what I believe you should expect anytime you rent a room at a Days Inn.(not that it is always the case). I have had problems with other Days Inn properties once you travel further south then Virginia in the past, but have had pretty good luck at any of them that we stayed at within Virginia. This hotel was conveniently located right off of I-81, and provided two clean comfortable rooms for our family last week. While there wasn't neccesarily anything that "wowed" us, we were not paying o be "wowed". We usually look for something affordable and clean, and this definitely delivered. The only complaint I have was that the waffles in the morning tasted strange, almost sour. Other then that, the hotel was exactly what we expected. And I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a overnight stay while travelling along I-81, and will be staying there again if I pass through there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MisterJ23
Norton, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My husband and I were taking the VA Bar exam in Roanoke at the Roanoke Convention Center. We had waited until the last minute to book the hotel because we were looking for the best price. The hotels in Roanoke definitely ramp up the prices because they know 1500 people and their spouses/children will be in town those days every year. A former boss recommended this Days Inn as being quiet and close to the convention center without being outrageously priced. We got the room for about $50/night. It is on a back road that leads directly to the Convention Center without having to get on the interstate bypass around Roanoke. The hotel is also right off I-81, which made it convenient to get there. Basically, there are two types of rooms at this Days Inn- the ones in the main building with interior hallways where the only way in or out was the lobby, or the extra wing with exterior entrances closer to I-81. I had requested a quiet room and so they put us on the outer wing. At first, the room seemed very nice. The sink was in the room, separated from the toilet and shower, which I think is nice. Also the room had a nice sized TV, desk, refrigerator, and microwave. Upon further inspection however, the bathroom had the old soap from the previous guest and the wrapper from old soap in the holder. We had the new soap/shampoo, so I just threw away the old soap and wrapper. Also, the one of the two double beds (doubles were like $20 cheaper per night than a king) had hair on the comforter, but it was like the hairball/fuzz you sometimes get after you dry your towels at home- so I threw that away too. Also the carpet was a little dirty in the corners, and the shower could have used a good scrub. The beds were so-so. Not the most uncomfortable, but definitely not the most comfortable. Both nights we stayed, our room was surprisingly quiet for being that close to I-81. The restaurant that used to be in the hotel has closed down, which was disappointing. The free breakfast was cold cereal and muffins, but not bad considering we were on a time crunch in the mornings. They have spent lots of money to make the lobby very clean and inviting, but have not upgraded the rest of the hotel. Also, the hotel is close to Hollins College and a GREAT and fast back way to the Convention Center, but it is NOT near anything else (shopping, restaurants, theaters, etc) they are all across town. The staff seemed very friendly except for the very last morning when I was frantically trying to check out on time to get to the test- the lady was talking with a friend/employee and took 10 minutes to get to the desk to check me out, even though she knew I was there. Also, she took her time checking me out. The pool was gross, but I didn't have the time to even think about going in the pool. For the price, it wasn't that bad- especially since there was an accident on the 585 and most people were late to the test the 2nd day because of the accident- we weren't because of the great back way to go from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Churchville, Virginia
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Overall it is an average place. It you want special stuff this is not the place but it is a bed at the reasonable price and we found it clean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Checked in very late (around 1AM), but service staff was EXTREMELY friendly and understanding with a ‘can do’ attitude. First stay at a Days Inn motel (bit of a hotel snob I’m afraid!), it exceeded expectations. Do not expect the rooms to be magnificent...but they do provide all of the essentials (and, in my case, a wireless internet).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Wytheville, VA
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the night before we flew out of Roanoke Airport. I spoke directly with someone at the hotel before I reserved and was told that if we stayed on the night before our flight we could leave our car in their lot for 7 days and they would shuttle us to the airport and back again on our return. I told them we would not be staying a night on our return, that we would be staying one night total. I was told that the deal still held. When we were on our way to the airport, we again confirmed this info with the driver. When we arrived back at the airport and I called for the shuttle we were then told that they would not come to pick us up since we were not staying that night. We paid for a cab to get back to our car. Later, I tried many times to contact the hotel manager, but he did not return any calls. I complained to Days Inn corporate and they have agreed to refund our cab fare. But the manager of the hotel still has not returned a call.

We have done this many times in many cities - staying in a hotel one night and leaving the car and being shuttled to/from the airport. I always call directly to the hotel to find out what their policies are and this is the first time that I have been told one thing by the hotel front desk before reserving and then told something else when it was time for them to follow through. So just be aware that you cannot rely on any information given to you by employees of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed overnight with our toddler. After running around on the carpet in the room for about half an hour her feet were black! The carpet was so dirty my feet were sticking to it. The room was spacious and quiet and otherwise fairly good value for money.
Unfortunately the fact that the floor was SO dirty made me wonder about the general cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family