“Perfect Cross Country Stopover”

Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My 22 year old daughter and I stopped here on our way to Austin Texas from NJ. Looking for an affordable nice hotel close to the main highway and this Sheraton was a perfect choice. Hotel was about 3 miles off route 81. The lobby and rooms looked like they were recently redone and were very modern. Flat screen TV, comfy beds and very quiet floors. Would have given it 5 stars but was missing free wifi and a broader selection of restaurants within walking distance. Went to the beautiful mall about a 2 min drive away which had an abundance of great chain restaurant choices. I am a seasoned business traveler and really liked what this hotel had to offer for the price.

• Stayed: June 2010
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thank you for your many fine comments regarding your stay with us.
We are always happy to learn when we have done well, and wish you to know that your post has been copied to all departments. On your next visit we will have completed our new restaurant here on property. This will give you another dining option within walking distance.
Once again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you when you are in the Roanoke area.
Greg Hargrave

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Recently my husband and I stayed here as we traveled south to North Carolina. This was a most impressive five star hotel. The staff , from the bellman Xavier, to the front desk and the restaurant were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The meal prices were not to be believed for the quality of the food and presentation. The hotel was comprehensive in that it had a fitness center, pool, internet access, sauna and beautiful grounds. Thje rooms were large and the entire facility was very clean and well kept.The hotel was right off 85 but secluded enough so that it received no road noise. This hotel was a welcoming and friendly place after an 8 hour drive and I would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling in that direction.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Thank you for the review, we have shared your fine comments with our entire staff. It is always nice to hear that our associates from the bellman to the restaurant, were friendly, helpful and courteous. I hope when your travels bring you back to Roanoke, you will stay with us again here at the Sheraton.
Regards,
Greg Hargrave

Reviewed May 19, 2010

Just wanted to pass on my comments. In today's world, where every penny counts, it's important to stay with a trusted Hotel. Certain things can be expected from a Sheraton - that's why they are Sheraton. But when you meet and are assisted by wonderful staff - it takes the experience to a new high.
Two people stood out during my brief stay - Jay Wilma (manager) and Xavier Davis (Guest relations). Both assisted in resolving some issues satisfactorily, making my stay that much more enjoyable.

Also the breakfast buffet was both affordable and extensive - with made to order omlets!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This will be our third event held at this property and the staff is always very friendly and customer focused. The property is in excellent condition having been recently rennovated. Ginny Morgan, our Catering Sales Manager, and her team always get it right. Novelette Johnson, our Banquet Captian, was sure to make everything great for our all of our guests. Great job by all. I would highly recommend this property for any business or individual needing to hold an event/meeting in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed at the Sheraton for a biz trip for two days. The rooms were clean and recently renovated, good size king room. The hotel has a fitness center, indoor pool, and biz center. I had no issues and I would stay again if I return to the area. The hotel is big and I wondered why since there really isnt much happening in town. I also found a great rate at sheraton.com ( $89 per night). The hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed here before a Martinsville NASCAR Race.

My wife got locked out of our room shortly after checking in. We went out to get dinner (take out). Than I dropped her off at the Hotel entrance and went out to the store. She had left her key in the room. She asked the front desk for a 2nd key or to be let into our room. BUT, No one at the front desk was able or willing to help her. They simply said they could not find the reservation and with out ID there was nothing they could not let her into our room. (her id was in the room) They left her and our 2 year old sitting in the lobby for almost 45 minutes until I returned from the store. UNACCEPTABLE! The Hotel manager did comp us breakfast for the apparent breakdown in front staff communication but by that time her dinner that she was holding was cold and out 2 year old was not happy.

About 10 pm I went to go close the curtains and noticed a few beetles inside the room just in front of the sliding glass door. They appeared to be dead but I was not happy. I just got my child to sleep and I was tired and all I wanted to do was sleep. We were offered another room by the front desk. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

Since our reservation was prepaid through a 3rd party vendor (priceline.com) all they cold do is apologize. I can tell you next year when we got to the Martinsville race I will be staying else ware.

On a positive note: The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and there was a nice pool. Breakfast was fresh and hot. but I would not have paid the high price for breakfast if it had not been offered to us for free.

Oh by the way. They charge for wireless internet.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Only complaint was the distance we had to walk from the room to get to an exit.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends