WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast Scam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We found the Sheraton Hotel chain to have a below standard service with quite a few hidden extras. We arrived family of four, on the road to Washington and were given a standard rate room for four. We would expect the Sheraton to provide breakfast but after ordering were handed a 38$ bill which included a $9 bill for our 5 yr old despite asking at check in if breakfast were included. Another case of hidden costs added to keep advertised prices attractive. Shula's restaurant is also over priced.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear that we disappointed you. Based upon your comments I have checked all advertising and listings regarding our hotel to insure that we are not promoting a complimentary breakfast as this is not something that we offer. I could not find an instance in which either ourselves or any Sheraton hotel does list a free breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had the best value on Priceline. Loved the decor, service and amenities. I must deduct points for the far walk to the room & the wonderful pooh left in our toilet... I can only take true fault with the housekeeper that left it & know that the hotel did a great job making us feel better. We received breakfast coupons for 2 days & a free app @ Shulas. We will definately like to return one day...

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass your comments on to us via TripAdvisor. It sounds as though you also mentioned them during your stay and that my staff addressed them. Nevertheless, I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you. It is my hope that when your travels return you to Roanoke, you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves. At that time I hope we achieve unbridled "awesomeness"!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This Sheraton is an older property, and is in need of some renovations. The bathroom was tiny. It was nice to actually have a working balcony however. There was a large wet area in the middle of the carpet when we checked in. I notified the staff, and they said it was due to recent carpet cleaning. The one night stay there was good, the room was relatively quiet even though the hotel is just off the airport. I would recommend this hotel for a travel stop.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for you very kind words. Yes, some of our bathrooms are on the smaller side, although all were renovated as recently as recently as 2009 when the entire hotel renovation was completed. I was distressed to find that you were checked into a room in which we had just completed carpet shampooing. This should not have occured and I have addressed this with my staff. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for this oversight.
Cleveland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was very nice, modern and clean. The service was great. Loved the complimentary shuttle service and the front desk staff could not have been nicer. The lobby was welcoming and well kept. I could see the pool as I went to the elevator and it looked good. Wish I had time to use it. They have a Shula's steak house here as well.

Room Tip: I had a queen double room and it was spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review! I hope that we'll see you again in the future and that you'll be able to try out the pool(s) when you do so. Thanks again for the review and for taking time out of your busy day to pass it on.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I got a great Internet deal for this hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The staff at the front desk was so nice and friendly. I got to pick my own room type and room location, and I liked the fact that parking at the hotel was free. I ended up with a king room, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room itself was on the small side, but it was nicely furnished.

The WiFi was included in the price of the room and functioned well. I ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant, and the food was good and reasonably priced. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It included juice, coffee, omelettes made to order, fruit and an assortment of pastries. It was also reasonably priced. The waitress I had was also very nice.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. My only complaints: there were some stains on the carpet, and the bathtub wasn't cleaned well. Other than that, everything was fine, and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind comments and, as well, for taking the time to post them to TripAdvisor. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you noted and we will address them. I hope that when your travels return you to the Blue Ridge you will again choose us as your home away from home!
alexandria, VA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were welcomed graciously by Anglique and from there on it was all great. The staff could not have been nicer. The room was spacious, clean and very moderately priced.The grounds invited you to walk in them. Will definetely use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Sounds like your "mommy/daughter" weekend was a success and glad we helped make it so! Thanks for taking the time to post a review and I'm gratified to hear that you'll be back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed the night here with my daughter - had both indoor and outdoor pools, restaurant inside hotel (so mommy could have a cocktail without worry), very clean room. Comfortable bed, starbucks coffee inside room, flat screen tv. We ordered room service for breakfast - great option instead of going downstairs for b-fast. My daughter got a kick out of the room service and they had plenty of kids tv stations. Hotel staff was excellent, especially inside Shula's restaurant. If ever in the area we will be back to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy to read that we helped to contribute to what sounded like a very successful mother/daughter getaway! Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you back with us soon.