“Beyond Fabulous!”

Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This Sheraton is one of the best I have ever stayed in! So over the top in service, friendliness, immaculate inside and pools are clean and perfect. Great workout room! I would return over and over! Most pet friendly of any hotel in my experience! Be sure and get spoiled by Xavier the most professional Doorman/Bellhop ever!! Thank you Sheraton Roanoke management for running a beautiful place to stay!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Very happy to hear your comments and thanks for taking the time to pass them on via Trip Advisor. I will be happy to pass your comments to one of our top associates, Mr Fox! We all hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped here both ways to and from Nashville. It was about halfway to Nashville. The hotel was clean and beds were very comfortable. The check-in was great. We decided to stop on the way back because it was such a plesant experience. We ate at the restuarant on-site (Shula's) and it was also excellent. I had a great rate pre-booked on the way to Nashville. When I checked the rates for the way back, they were about 40% higher. I called the hotel and asked if they would give me the same rate for my return and after about a minute on hold was told that I would receive the same rate. I would return here anytime I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I often note that it is my hope that our guests stop back and see us again and you did just that! Please accept my thanks for your very kind comments regarding not only your hotel stay but also your dinner in Shula's.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were only stopping one night while traveling, but this was a great stop. It's a really lovely property with a super comfy bed. Our room had a small balcony overlooking the mountains. We were on a high enough floor that we could leave the curtains open and let the sun wake us up in the morning. Our room was just behind the elevators, which would normally be a problem but we barely heard it and it didn't disrupt our sleep at all. There are two pools - one indoor and one outdoor. Each is small, but lovely and just what we needed after a day on the road. Bathrooms are a bit cramped, but the big room and the bed made up for it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zsazsa-stl

Thank you for your very kind comments and more so for taking the time to pass them on! It is my hope that you will stop and see us again when traveling through the Blue Ridge.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ok. So, my Hubby and I stayed here for a one night during our road trip vacay. Since this was an overnight, and we got in a little on the later side, we didn't use any of the amenities. This was a Saturday night stay, and the indoor pool was PACKED with children and some adults when we got there, so we didn't peek in and check it out. The café and breakfast area looked nice, and there was an area with computers for guests to use. The fitness center was pretty big for a hotel facility and looked like it had a good bit of equipment to use. The room itself was quite large and spacious, wood flooring in the foyer, good sized closet. The furniture was upgraded and the room had a large sliding glass door that opened to a long, narrow balcony. The room was clean, with all white bedding, the bed was comfortable, there was complimentary water in the room and complimentary Starbucks coffee and tea. Refrigerator and coffee maker in/on furniture cabinet, large desk/dresser and tv, chair. The bathroom was fine but a little on the small size. The room and bathroom were pretty clean. This hotel is geared more towards business and conference guests so there is no free WIFI, although we carry our own, so it was not an issue for us. The property is out by the airport and it's not directly off the BRP, it's about 15 minutes away. Not too far to get off track for us but, something that most travelers might want to know. There are tons of restaurants, stores, etc...on the way to the hotel. Overall it was a good stay. Check in was easy and most of the staff we came into contact with were pleasant enough, although there did seem to be an air of indifference with the checkout process. No complaints overall, I think we would probably stay here again if we are ever in that area.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a view from the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PHBalanced2010
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks for a very thorough review! I do apologize that we may not have informed you that our Wifi is, in fact, complimentary. This was a change for us earlier in the year and perhaps there was a piece of collateral that was out dated - I'll get to the bottom of it! Thanks again for the review and for taking the time to post it.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at club level. The room was very spacious and nicely done, so was the bathroom and vanity. The bell service was very helpful, and club room attendant was very patient with our kids. Used the pool, had lot of fun as it was heated, which was great with kids to use early morning. Would definitely recommend eating at Shula 347- The best steak we had in a while, and the soup was very tasty as well. All over had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank zuvlone

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments! I was happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that you had a great meal in Shula's. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel lobby and rooms were very nicely decorated and appointed. The beds were comfortable. The one thing I really disliked was the size of the bathroom in the room. It was very small and difficult to maneuver around in, especially with kids.

The pool areas were nice but the indoor pool was not very clean, especially after a very busy Saturday night. This venue seems to host a lot of large parties, such as weddings and class reunions. Another thing I did not like (which I knew but didn't know it would bother me) is that pets are allowed. I myself own a dog and love animals, but I don't like the idea of pets in a hotel room. This could be a positive for some, but I don't travel with my pet.

All in all this was a good stay, but might look elsewhere next time based on the above.

Room Tip: A room with a larger bathroom would be my only recommendation. I don't know if that is availabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your positive review and for taking the time to do so through Trip Advisor. I was sorry to hear that the condition of indoor pool on Saturday night did not meet your expectations. I have to admit that we were much busier than we expected and were caught a bit off guard - I apologize for that. As a brand, Sheraton does allow dogs and we really try to limit them to our 1st floor rooms. Again I thank you for your review and hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were driving through on our way to east coast so this seemed like a good place to stop. Pet friendly, hot tub and indoor and outdoor pool. The rooms are huge! Beds were comfortable and there is a sliding door to go outside, which is nice when traveling with a dog. The restaurant attached to the hotel was pretty good as well. Everyone very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarfaDizzy
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks for not only posting your very kind comments to Trip Advisor but also for taking the time out of your busy day to do so! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels return you to Roanoke.