“excellent value”

Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“excellent value”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We often travel to Roanoke for the weekend, and chose to stay at the Sheraton Roanoke again this weekend.

The facility is located at exit 3 on I-581 north of Roanoke, convenient to downtown (exit 5).

Ample self parking.

Pets welcome. If you travel with a dog, get a room in the back section, #121-135 (I think those are the room numbers), as the rooms have sliding doors leading outdoors. The hotel has a station that dispenses bags to clean up after your dog.

Staff were courteous, and were able to put us into a room on a particular corridor that we requested.

Public spaces are well maintained, though a little dimly lit and chilly.

There are two restaurants at the facility. There is a breakfast area with a modest buffet and omelet station. The omelet add-ons were fresh, buffet food was not overcooked, fruit was fresh. We were pleased by the food quality and service. There is also a Shula's 347 Grill on premises; we had drinks and dessert there one evening, and a light lunch the day we departed. The food and service were unremarkable.

On premises exercise facility is nicer than most. Like other public spaces, a little chilly. There were five treadmills, three ellipticals, three stationary bikes, an assortment of weight machines, and dumb bells up to 50#. The exercise machines were well maintained (i.e., the heart rate monitors functioned and the treadmills advanced speed and incline without a hitch).

Our guest room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. It is interesting to point out that my wife was able to get our room, plus breakfast buffet for each of us, for $51/nite through her Starwood membership. With the breakfast buffet accounting for about $12 pp, we got the room for about $25/nite. You can't beat that for value.

In summary, good value for money, and we’d stay there again.

Room Tip: Pet owners select first floor rooms in back section.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David S
Scott W, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear David S.

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor regarding you and your wife stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center. I am pleased to read the nice comments and to let you know that your next stay will the same. Thank you for staying with us.

Scott Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Xavier Lafayette Fox. He was so friendly and truly cared about my comfort. He made me feel like the most important person in the world at that moment and we shared great conversation. I now have a friend in Roanoke! I will see you again - shelly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott W, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comment regarding our staff member Xavier Lafayette Fox and the service you received. Our Team pride themselves on giving the best service possible and we thank you for your feedback because you are important and have a friend in Roanoke . (Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center)

Martinsville, Va.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A member of my staff and I stayed there overnight during a business trip. Typically, I don't get excited when I stay in a hotel, although I have stayed in many nice places. However, this one was different. The room was very spacious, the king bed was soooooo comfortable, it was very clean. The indoor pool, spa and the exercise room were terrific. The staff were professional and very accommodating. The restaurant, "Shula's" was wonderful and moderately priced for the quality food that was served. I love having the small refrigerator as well. Granite counter tops in the bathroom...and very clean. It was nicely decorated. I will plan to stay in this hotel whenever I am in Roanoke, VA overnight again and will seek a Sheraton in other places as a result of this stay.

Room Tip: I always prefer the ground floor.
Dear 1Southwind1

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center..Out team strive to make it a wonderful experience for all of our guests. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay here in the Roanoke Valley and look forward to serving you again. Thank you,

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Power has been out at our house for several days due to snow so booked this on Hotwire for $62. They rehabbed this hotel several years ago and it is very up to date, modern and clean. The rooms are huge and bed and bedding very comfortable. They also have a Shula's steak house on the property. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for your great compliments about our hotel. We very proud of our new Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to make all of our stays exceptional and are very pleased that you took the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. Hurry back,

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was there for a two day business conference. It’s a great place – great rooms, great staff (especially Xavier Lafayette Fox), great restaurant (oddly enough, I’ll go out of my way to recommend the burgers –they grind their own meat). The only peculiar down side was that they charge ten buck a day for internet. I thought this was a really cheap shot for a four star hotel – I mean even EconoLodge has free internet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I was very pleased to read your overall stay was great and also let you know that odd twist you mentioned is being addressed.
Thank you once again and we look forward to serving you on your next trip here in the Roanoke Valley.

Queensbury, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I loved everything about the hotel. The breakfast was very good, the rooms were cmfortable, everything was great! I thought the lobby was nice, UNTIL, I see the elevators. One of them is 7 feet above the other, which is the normal height. We had to make sure we got the normal one because if we got off on the one above, we would have to go back up. My father uses a wheelchair. The other building has 2 normal elevators. But the first building, I would highly discourage.

Room Tip: Rooms in the left building don't have screwy elevator systems.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time comment corncering your stay with us and please accept our apologies for any inconveniece you experience with the one high rise elevator.Your feedback have been addressed with our guest service staff to ensure that all of our guests are advised of the elevator functions in tower "B"
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and certianly hope that you would allow us the opportunity to serving you on your next trip to the Roanoke Valley. Thank you,

Amherst, VA
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice hotel, convenient, quiet and clean. Shula's 347 Restaurant is a huge asset. Staff was very accomodating. I had forgotten some toiletries and went to front desk to purchse what I needed. They were delivered to my room within minutes. However, the sweet bed was not so sweet but rather uncomfortable, making it difficult to sleep. Free internet access is only available in certain areas. With internet service being an important part of our everyday lives, I am surprised that more hotels are not making it more available to guests. The charge for having access in the room,. in my opionion, for the short time we were staying was a little much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center. We certianly welcome your feedback and take it very seriuosly. You can rest assure that any issue (s) that is brought to our attention is addressed.immediately. Thank you for staying with us and we look to serving you again when your travel bring you back to the Roanoke Valley.