“Very user-friendly hotel”

Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Virginia
“Very user-friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Roanoke for a weekend in mid-October for a Virginia Tech football game. The hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful. Two rather minor problems we experienced: 1.) the door that could be used to connect to the adjoining room was rather thin as we could clearly hear an ordinary business telephone conversation being carried on by our neighbor; and 2.) pre-ordered room service for breakfast overshot their 15 minute delivery window by five minutes (not a huge deal except we had to be out first thing and had selected the earliest delivery window). We regarded these as very minor issues in an otherwise great stay.

The Sheraton also has the virtue of having a real restaurant on-site with Shula's. We met friends for drinks at the bar Saturday night. The bartender was friendly and reasonably generous, and the atmosphere welcoming. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Steve E,
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I was pleased to read your overall stay was a pleasant one, and the dining experience in Shula's was positive. I have already addressed the room service issue with our food and beverage team, in hopes to speed up the process. Again, thank you for your post.
Greg Hargrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great proximity to the airport, easy parking, terrific beds, and several dining options make the Sheraton Roanoke a great value. And to make it even better, the staff is attentive, pleasent, and experienced.
A+++

Room Tip: I like Tower B; however, have stayed in multiple rooms at this property and have no complaints on an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear sigma7s,
I'm pleased to read you felt the Sheraton is A+++. As you stated in your post, we are in a great location for airport access as well as close proximity to downtown. Our new Shula's 347 Restaurant is nice addition to the hotel as well. Thank you for your kind post, and hope to see you in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for two days this last July. The rooms were good but not great and the location left some to be desired. The service in the hotel was great. I needed early room service each day and was accommodated at no cost. Everyone was very helpful. Overall a fine hotel if you are staying in the Roanoke area.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear ADemps84,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton, and I was pleased to read we were able to accomodate your early breakfast needs. Although we are not downtown, we are in close proximity to both the airport and the largest mall here in Roanoke. I hope on your next visit to Roanoke, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been a very loyal Marriott Platinum guy for about two years, so I was a bit apprehensive when my colleague booked us a couple rooms at this Sheraton during a business trip. I have to say that I was very impressed with this property. The rooms were very well appointed with all the conveniences a business traveler could ask for (outlets were plentiful, WiFi was reliable (although $9.95...really?), very nice amenities and the bed was VERY comfortable. Starbucks coffee in the rooms, complimentary bottled water and a nice big flat screen tv on a table just a few feet from the foot of the bed was all goodness. Not too far from downtown, which I strongly recommend you check out. The great local (read: non-chain) restaurants and bars were very plentiful and the people were all VERY nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Nowlink,
I was pleased to read we won over a Marriott Platinum Customer. The Sheraton offers a great deal for travelers coming to the Roanoke Valley, and am happy you gave us a try. I hope on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will stay with us again.
Thanks again for the positive comments.
Monroe, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The staff here is much better than what could be expected from a typical hotel. The food has been pretty bad so far. The people at the desk are very accomodating and makes me feel more comfortable. Im am here for 5 nights on a business trip and do not like being away from home. This sheraton makes it a little easier.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Ebeauchea,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I'm pleased to read how accomodating you felt the front desk staff have been. As far as the food, I have addressed the post with my Food and Beverage department. I hope the rest of your stay is a pleasant one.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I attended a class reunion at the Sheraton and we elected to stay overnight. The entire event was exceptional. The room was very clean, nicely furnished. It was spacious and had everything we could think of!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rose D,
I was pleased to read your class reunion was a big hit, and hope your class decides to hold it's next reunion with us the next go around. Thank you for your nice comments as well.
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Traveling on vacation, stayed here & was able to negotiate great rate W/ free breakfast included. Everything was top notch: bed, room. even quality toiletries. Convenient and very clean. All of the employees treated us like we were important and we felt very welcome.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Don F,
Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I am pleased about the service you received, and how comfortable you felt the beds are. If your vacation travels bring you back through the Roanoke Valley, I hope you will once again choose the Sheraton as the place to stay.