“A good option that won't break the bank.”

Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for two days this last July. The rooms were good but not great and the location left some to be desired. The service in the hotel was great. I needed early room service each day and was accommodated at no cost. Everyone was very helpful. Overall a fine hotel if you are staying in the Roanoke area.

• Stayed: July 2012
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear ADemps84,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton, and I was pleased to read we were able to accomodate your early breakfast needs. Although we are not downtown, we are in close proximity to both the airport and the largest mall here in Roanoke. I hope on your next visit to Roanoke, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been a very loyal Marriott Platinum guy for about two years, so I was a bit apprehensive when my colleague booked us a couple rooms at this Sheraton during a business trip. I have to say that I was very impressed with this property. The rooms were very well appointed with all the conveniences a business traveler could ask for (outlets were plentiful, WiFi was reliable (although $9.95...really?), very nice amenities and the bed was VERY comfortable. Starbucks coffee in the rooms, complimentary bottled water and a nice big flat screen tv on a table just a few feet from the foot of the bed was all goodness. Not too far from downtown, which I strongly recommend you check out. The great local (read: non-chain) restaurants and bars were very plentiful and the people were all VERY nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Nowlink,
I was pleased to read we won over a Marriott Platinum Customer. The Sheraton offers a great deal for travelers coming to the Roanoke Valley, and am happy you gave us a try. I hope on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will stay with us again.
Thanks again for the positive comments.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff here is much better than what could be expected from a typical hotel. The food has been pretty bad so far. The people at the desk are very accomodating and makes me feel more comfortable. Im am here for 5 nights on a business trip and do not like being away from home. This sheraton makes it a little easier.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Ebeauchea,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I'm pleased to read how accomodating you felt the front desk staff have been. As far as the food, I have addressed the post with my Food and Beverage department. I hope the rest of your stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I attended a class reunion at the Sheraton and we elected to stay overnight. The entire event was exceptional. The room was very clean, nicely furnished. It was spacious and had everything we could think of!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Rose D,
I was pleased to read your class reunion was a big hit, and hope your class decides to hold it's next reunion with us the next go around. Thank you for your nice comments as well.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Traveling on vacation, stayed here & was able to negotiate great rate W/ free breakfast included. Everything was top notch: bed, room. even quality toiletries. Convenient and very clean. All of the employees treated us like we were important and we felt very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Don F,
Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I am pleased about the service you received, and how comfortable you felt the beds are. If your vacation travels bring you back through the Roanoke Valley, I hope you will once again choose the Sheraton as the place to stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff at the Sheraton Roanoke are MARVELOUS! The front desk was warm and friendly, but Xavier the bellman was absolutely outstanding. We were checked into a top floor room, and Xavier provided lots of information on the hotel and the city as we made our way to our room. However, on arrival, we noticed significant water stains on the ceiling that appeared fresh. Xavier immediately called the front desk, had us reassigned to another room, went down to get new keys and then escorted us to our new room, checking to make sure that we didn't have similar issues. He also contacted the appropriate person and ensured that they knew about this problem - that man arrived as we waited for Xavier to bring our new room assignment.

Our room had a great view of the mountains around Roanoke, which was an unexpected pleasure. Starbucks coffee in the room made my morning, the bed was super comfortable, the towels were thick and comfy. It was a good experience overall.

Room Tip: An upper floor room will provide excellent mountain views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear EMTtraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read how Xavier was responsive to and corrected the situation to your satisfaction. We receive quite a few positive comments about Xavier, and are lucky to have him as part of our team. I hope on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will once again stay with us here at the Sheraton.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First of all: know how to find this hotel! Clearly visible from I-581, and in the vicinity of about four other hotels, I needed GPS to find the entrance. Although the address is Hershberger Road, just west of exit 3 off I-581, from Hershberger Road, turn right [north] onto Ordway Drive NW then an IMMEDIATE right onto Frontage Rd. If you pass Zaxby's, you've gone too far.
The "Sheraton ->" sign at the corner was not illuminated at night. POSITIVES: Very comfortable bed and pillows. Nice furnishings. Simple thermostat controls. In-room refrigerator. Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker. Good water pressure. Soft, plush towels. Sliding glass door onto a small balcony. Nice indoor pool and spa and a better-than-average fitness center. Restaurants [coffee shop and Shula's 347 Steak House] on premises. NEGATIVES: No microwave. No free Wireless Internet [was $12/24hrs]. No in-room security safe. Badly stained carpet. Cramped bathroom. Littered grounds around the hotel. Noisy ventilation fan. The parking light lighting was atrocious. The lights were out at night on the side parking lots making transit from the car pretty uncomfortable. [Surprise - all the parking lot lights were ON the next morning in broad daylight!] Note: This was the Hotwire.com "four-star special" hotel for Roanoke.] Had there been a microwave, free internet, and a digital safe for my laptop, I would have been far more pleased. Those would have met my "four star" criteria.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DocChesapeake
Greg H, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear DocChesapeake,
I'm sorry you had a difficult time finding the hotel as we are right off I-581. As we have few people asking for Microwaves, we don't provide them in the guestrooms, however we have them available on request. As far as the Parking Lights are concerned, we had a power outage earlier in the day that put all our timers out of sync. This was corrected the following day. I hope on your next trip through Roanoke, you will give us another try.
Respectfully,