“Don't stay here!! Sleep under a tree it's cleaner” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Plaza Hotel

Airport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“Don't stay here!! Sleep under a tree it's cleaner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Oh my God! This has to be the nastiest hotel I have ever seen. And shady also. The carpets in the hallway have never been vaccumed. The bathroom was Filthy and due to a power outages this was the ONLY room left in the valley and surrounding area when I booked. I went and bought bleach and cleaning products to clean the room. The bathtub had brown dirt in it (washed away with bleach) the toilet had pee under the seat (I kid you not) and there was hair on the bathroom floor. I was terrified I would catch something! I had nothing to clean the NASTY FILTHY carpet and the beds?? OH MY the mattresses were STAINED with something (Im guessing pee) the plastic bottom mattress cover was ripped on both beds and falling off, the sheets were dingy, the pillows were stained, the towels in the bathroom where brown (suppose to be white) the man (Mr. bill) checking me in looked like he had just cleaned a cow pasture. I'm not sure where the other people who reviewed this hotel live but this was by far the nastiest place I have ever seen. In the future I will pitch a tent in the woods before I EVER stay here again. The girl sitting at the phone was polite and sweet but I cannot stress enough how NASTY this place is.

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel and you should have a happy trip
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank frafancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ruckersville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel is older and has a transient population. Bed was clean and comfortable. 'Bathroom was clean. Some furniture was in need of repair.Breakfast was ok but limited. I would not stay here with wife nor children. Was told by long term guests that hotel offered weekly rates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Grenville F
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel is an older hotel but it was clean and the staff was really friendly. They helped with anything we needed and provided any extras. I was hesitant because of other reviews that I had read but my experience was not bad and the staff were never rude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bree07
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I had stayed here back in July of 2011 and the place was undergoing some upgrading and repairs. I believed that it was a great place for the money and was within short distance from shopping malls, restauraunts, and activities. I just stayed at the motel again with some friends and seen some changes that had been made. The rooms seemed to be cleaner and accomodations were newer or repaired so they would be dependable. I also noticed that both elevators were working properly and I was able to access the computers available with out waiting long time. The overhaul experience was 7 times greater than my last stay in July 2011 and I will recommend if you want the best value for your budget, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Browns Mills, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I booked my room off of an internet deal at a good price. But after two days of not having my room cleaned, and two days of complaining I got into an arguement (who I later found out was the owner of the hotel). He told me "you no pay full price, you no get full service". I was furious, with the way he treated me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Its ok motel with basic amenities. Price was very attractive but not the neighborhood. Its OK for one night stay if you are single and you don't bother about neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

First time I have ever written a review. Cab driver said we'd be safe if we didn't open the door. He became our friend very soon and took us to another hotel. My wife is no longer in charge of "finding us someplace cheap for the night". Do not stay here, even if you are high school kids looking for a place to party. I am scarred for life.

• Stayed November 2011