“Family vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
El Paso, Texas
“Family vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel is an older hotel but it was clean and the staff was really friendly. They helped with anything we needed and provided any extras. I was hesitant because of other reviews that I had read but my experience was not bad and the staff were never rude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bree07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I had stayed here back in July of 2011 and the place was undergoing some upgrading and repairs. I believed that it was a great place for the money and was within short distance from shopping malls, restauraunts, and activities. I just stayed at the motel again with some friends and seen some changes that had been made. The rooms seemed to be cleaner and accomodations were newer or repaired so they would be dependable. I also noticed that both elevators were working properly and I was able to access the computers available with out waiting long time. The overhaul experience was 7 times greater than my last stay in July 2011 and I will recommend if you want the best value for your budget, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Browns Mills, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I booked my room off of an internet deal at a good price. But after two days of not having my room cleaned, and two days of complaining I got into an arguement (who I later found out was the owner of the hotel). He told me "you no pay full price, you no get full service". I was furious, with the way he treated me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Its ok motel with basic amenities. Price was very attractive but not the neighborhood. Its OK for one night stay if you are single and you don't bother about neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

First time I have ever written a review. Cab driver said we'd be safe if we didn't open the door. He became our friend very soon and took us to another hotel. My wife is no longer in charge of "finding us someplace cheap for the night". Do not stay here, even if you are high school kids looking for a place to party. I am scarred for life.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank canes222
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Since my flight was getting in late I just wanted a hotel right near the airport, for one night. I was wary of choosing this place, but I did. I liked that they offered a free shuttle service. However when I called them, they refused to come pick me up (something about how late it was), even though I had called them a week prior to make sure it was okay. I was close to tears, and a stranger at the airport saw this, and took the phone and argued with them, and got them to come pick me up. The shuttle was funny to see as it was some terrible 90's car extended into a limo. At the front desk, I don't think they were happy with me, though I'm not sure what I was supposed to do otherwise. They did not treat me very nicely.

The room I had reserved was not available anymore, so they stuck me in a smoking room. The room was very spacious, had a decent bed, an old small tube tv, and a hair dryer. The walls were paper thin, and I heard people arguing the entire night. I struck me as the kind of place hookers, and drug dealers would go.

I only regret that I was a woman, not yet 21, staying alone there. I felt very uncomfortable and not safe there (did I mention there was a huge gap in the door frame where I could see people walking by in the hallway!) The next day when my taxi picked me up my driver thought it was hilarious that I had actually stayed there, because to the locals of the area, the hotel was known to be in an unsavory neighborhood.

For the price I would say it is good for one nights stay. Just make sure you're comfortable enough to handle it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

When assessing this hotel the word "hotel" is very misleading. We stayed here in August along with our six pets as evacuees from Hurricane Irene. The Airport Plaza "Hotel" is less a hotel and more of a really, really amazing and affordable hostel. If you approach it with this mindset you will not be disappointed.

This "hotel" is a wonderful value for the price, for about $25-50/night you get a very well stocked, nice size room. Each room includes a mini fridge with freezer, microwave, tv, table with chairs, iron and ironing board, as well as a hair dryer. No, the rooms are not immaculately clean, there isn't always someone at the front desk, and there are lots of people gathered in the front lobby on the computers or chatting. But, these are all things you expect walking into a hostel.

And, to top it off, the service was great, they didn't even charge us the additional fee for our pets as we were evacuating from the hurricane. My husband, mother and father-in-law couldn't have been happier with our stay. Alter your thinking, don't expect luxury, and you will be happy too. This place is perfect for people traveling with pets, on a budget, or large families. The price cannot be beat!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are perfect for people with pets with direct access to the large back y...