New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Roanoke VA

Super 8 Roanoke VA
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Clean Convenient and Cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hotel is located right off Rte 581 exit 2. There are a group of hotels in the same area typical hiway type clustering.

Room was more than adequate - relatively clean - about what you would expect for a $45 a night hotel. The manager Mr Patel was very nice, when I asked about the ice machine not working he apologized and got me some ice from the kitchen.

The room is quiet - air worked - fridge worked - I have stayed at way worse.

Nice restaurant across the street "El Toreo" Decent food there too

All in all a decent 1 night stay over when going from here to there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Renee F, General Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hello Mr.Pastor
We appreciate your business and very happy that your stay at our Motel was pleasant. Thank you for taking your time out to input the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Roanoke
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I realize this is a budget hotel but was disappointed in the cleaniness. The bathroom tub and toilet were not clean. There was a used washcloth n the shower curtain rail and the mirror had splatters on it. It was nice to have a refrigerator but it needed to be wiped out. The carpet appeared to be new so that was a bonus. The ice machine was on the fritz. I brought all this to the attention of the manager and he reduced my bill which I thought was a god business decision. The staff was friendly and helpful but I was put off by the dirty areas in he room.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Renee F, General Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Hi Joan
Since you pointed out the issue of cleanliness we took serious action on housekeeper and fired her for poor job! I do apologize and also reduce your bill to help out on your frustration. The ice machine got fixed one part was bad. And thankful for compliment on our friendly staff. Hope to serve you in a better way in future.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I booked my non smoking rooms online and was told I had two smoking rooms. The manager told me he was all booked and would give me some air freshner if I wanted it. I went to check out the room and it was bad. It took hours to get the smell out of my clothes. I returned to the front dest and recieved a refund. I was not pleased at all.

1 Thank Michael J
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Hello
I do apologize about your visit at our Motel during that busy weekend when we were sold out. Honestly i tell every customer about this issue once you book online through third party reservation we cannot do any changes to this reservation they are blocked reservation so no changes or update we can do at property. The best way to save all this hassle and frustration customer should contact directly to property for booking and their request get right answer. Unfortunately your reservation was made by online on very busy time we do feel sorry that couldn't help out on your trip. Hope in future you do contact directly to property about your reservation. Thank you for your review so we can help more out to customer.
Hampton, Va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is nasty. There were so many things that did not work or were broken, including the lock on the door and the smoke detector. The hair dryer was partially melted, the toilet leaked, It was a miserable 2 day stay. When we arrived there my husband went to check in and asked to use the restroom as we had been travelling a long way and he was told there is no public restroom. He ended up having an accident. It was just awful. We have stayed at super 8 before in other areas and they have always been clean, This one was not. There was a soda can in the floor and some BB's. I dont think the vaccuum had been run for weeks. It was also more expensive by twice than the other area hotels. Awful awful we will not stay at a super 8 again.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Sorry to hear that you had bad experience at our property. You should have right away notified the front desk and had switch the room and we can notified Maint. dept and house keeping dept. to fix the issues in the room. We apologize and in future would love to serve you and every customer in a better way only if you let us know right away about the situation.