“Great Staff Crappy Rooms!!!!!”
Review of Super 8 Roanoke VA

Super 8 Roanoke VA
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
BECKLEY
Reviewed October 9, 2012

There was bugs in the rooms and not enough towels. When we reported the bugs to the front desk clerk at that night he didn't do anything about the bugs and wouldn't give extra towels. The ladies that checked us in were terrific, the nighttime clerk was terrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank KIMBERLY G
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about you stay at our location. We want to apologize for any issues that might have occurred while you were guess here. Our motel has now been taken over by new management and we are making lots of changes to better the guests experience at our location. We will be doing a lot of staff changing and also a lot of updates to the property. We hope that if in the area again you will stop by and give us another try. Thank you again and we hope you are having a good week.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hallway smelled of stale smoke. There was a burned out lightbulb. The refrigerator was barely functioning. Still, it was better than the last Super 8 at which I stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hi there I wanted to say thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. I also want to let you know about a few changes that we have made at our facility. In our housekeeping department we have made a lot of changes which will now insure that your room and our hotel are up to our standers for our guests. Also we now have new management at our motel which is making a lot of updates both inside and out. If you are ever in our area again please give us another try. Thank you and have a good day.

Travelers are raving about these Roanoke hotels

Palm Coast FL
Reviewed August 28, 2012

When my partner made the reservation at this Super 8 I asked if she was ready to be in that type atmosphere for our night's stay while traveling. She remarked "We only have to sleep there". But what a pleasant surprise this Super 8 was. Close to the Interstate for convenience, yet back from road enough to be quiet, the appearance from the outside was very nice. Front desk clerk very nice, and the room clean and well appointed. We were pleasantly surprised, and would stay at this one again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Upstairs probably quieter than first floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MatureTravelers778
Donna M, General Manager at Super 8 Roanoke VA, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your review on my motel. We welcome all reviews good or bad, so we can continue to please our guests and to improve on things that we get from guest reviews. Hope to see you in the Ronoake, Va. area again staying at Super 8.
Jonesville VA
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wasn't planning on staying here until our car broke down as we were heading several hours away. There wasn't any rental cars avaliable due to the late evening so our tow truck driver took us here to this Super 8 next to his garage. The tow truck driver was extra nice and the Super 8 was extremely clean, huge rooms and the front desk was very helpful finding us taxi service. I would stay here again if ever in Roanoke VA. Very affordable and nicely renovated.

Room Tip: My room would equal 2 rooms in other hotels. Very big. Can't think of anything I would improve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, ME
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If there were a rating between "poor" and "average" that is how I would, honestly, rate this place. The only reason I gave it an "average" is because the staff was super nice and helpful, and it was clean. NO BED BUGS, either. That said, I barely slept because every footstep from the floor above reverberated throughout the room, and the people on the second floor partied hearty until two in the morning. Worse yet, the air conditioner was about the worst I have ever had in a motel. It kept shutting off, then whirred for 5 minutes before it came back on, then rattled loudly while it ran until it shut off again. I left here as tired as when I came in. The breakfast was OK, and, as I said, the staff were all great. Not their fault that the motel itself is not up to par. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple